Senior Software Test Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins Software and Digital practice aims to be the supplier of choice for ICT systems in our chosen markets. We develop a number of software products including systems used for facial recognition at airports, innovation products supporting Atkins work in Aerospace, Defence, Energy and Water sectors and software that analyses nuclear reactor protection systems.
Due to high demand for our software services, we are seeking an experienced test engineer to join our software assurance group with a remit to lead the testing of a range of software products. The test engineer will report to our Test Manager.
The successful candidate will:
• Design and execute of both automated and manual tests to verify system functionality
• Report status to project management and work closely with the development team
• Gain and maintain familiarity with the portfolio of existing and forthcoming products
• Identify, document and track issues through to a resolution
• Work in a diverse environment
• Meet project deadlines
• Be encouraged to update and optimise the testing of software products, with a view to reducing costs and improving test effectiveness.
• In addition to product testing, there will be opportunities to support the other software assurance work that Atkins performs for safety-critical and high integrity systems in the nuclear, aerospace and defence sectors.
• Experience of testing software systems, including knowledge of automated test tools
• Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or other relevant numeric subject with a software content or equivalent
• Good attention to detail
• Enthusiastic, pro-active approach
• Commitment to Software Engineering good practice
• Experience in a Microsoft Windows software development environment performing software development, testing and QA activity
• Some professional experience of system testing, functional and non-functional testing, user interface testing
• ISTQB Software Testing Foundation Level Certificate
• Experience of Agile development (particularly SCRUM)
• Advising the IT team and the business on best testing practice.
• The ability to produce high-quality documentation.
• Experience of Windows Server operating systems (from Windows Server 2008) and Windows client operating systems (from Windows XP to current)
• SQL Experience
• Respond well to unfamiliar technical challenges
• Experience of working with ISO 9001 and TickIT Plus
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.