Senior /Specialist Mechanical Engineer
Senior /Specialist Mechanical Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Candu Energy Inc. is looking to hire a Senior or Specialist Mechanical Engineer for a full time in our Port Elgin office. This position is for 2-year term, but can be extended or transferred to a permanent position depending on the business or project needs. This position requires an experienced individual who is a self-starter capable of working independently with minimal supervision. The individual will work in a team environment performing and leading engineering services for Nuclear Power Plants within a matrix organization. The primary work scopes include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide engineering design and modifications for safety and non-safety related mechanical systems for both Bruce A and Bruce B stations following BP procedures (e.g., BP-PRO-00539, etc.);
- Support BP life extension program;
- Support BP routine operation/maintenance services based on the request;
- Support BP planned or unplanned outages; and
- Provide necessary engineering field services and supports during construction and installation, procurement, commissioning, AFS, closeout, etc.
- Develop, plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate engineering work;
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to engineers at lower grade levels and/or other technical employees;
- Supervise, coordinate and review the work of engineers and support employees;
- Provide design solutions and assessments for new, updated and modified process systems, structures and components;
- Prepare and /or review design documents for Nuclear Power Plants; e.g., Design Calculation, Assessments, Technical Specifications, Drawings, BOMs and System Code Classification;
- Prepare and/or review Engineering Quotation Request and Tender Technical Evaluations;
- Prepare and/or review Engineering Change packages;
- Perform walkdowns, attend site visits and meetings as required;
- Ensure applicable code, standards and regulatory requirements are met;
- Provide support for the preparation of Engineering proposals;
- Ensure adherence to company quality program;
- Ensure adherence to project delivery requirements and schedule;
- Support Engineering Management with timely updates on engineering progress;
- Interface with internal and external stake holders as required.
- Required qualifications:
- Registered Professional Engineer in a Province of Canada, qualified to seal mechanical and chemical engineering documents.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in process-system design/analysis, preferably providing design solutions for CANDU nuclear power plants;
- Working knowledge of CSA N285.0 and CSA B51 standards and ASME Section III and ANSI B31.1 codes and any other applicable standards or regulatory guides related to permanent plant components, pressure boundary equipment, and/or reactor systems;
- Experience working in a nuclear facility licensed in Canada.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Additional, preferred qualifications:
- Qualification in the last five (5) years as a Specialized Professional Engineer to ASME III, Div.1, and Appendix XXIII is an asset;
- Experience performing work to Bruce Power procedures and practices following risk based Engineering Change Control (ECC) process;
- Full qualification as a BP Assigned Designer (ADE) or Owner’s Engineering Lead (OE) is an asset;
- Recent qualification for Bruce Power engineering activities, including security clearance, Orange Badge, etc.
- Knowledge of analytical tools used for mechanical and process design; e.g., ANSYS, Mathcad, Flowmaster, NUCIRC, CATHENA or similar is an asset.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs