SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Exton, Pennsylvania and reports to the Manager Structural Engineering. The Structural Engineering team is responsible for the technical accuracy and quality of CAD drawings and delivery of corporate & client engineering needs. The team is committed to meeting the external and internal needs of SNC-Lavalin’s stakeholders worldwide, while presenting a clear and consistent corporate identity.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Prepare structural system concepts for pharmaceutical, commercial and heavy industrial facilities
- Prepare calculations determining building dead, live, wind and seismic loads, and determining structural systems to support gravity and withstand lateral loads.
- Determine member stresses and sizes using structural analysis programs and back check results using manual calculations
- Design concrete foundations, retaining walls, steel frames, masonry walls for buildings pipe racks, stairs, equipment platforms, etc
- Coordinate architectural requirements of structural systems with architect
- Coordinate requirements of HVAC and electrical equipment with mechanical and electrical engineers
- Prepare specifications for structural systems
- Answer RFI’s and review shop drawings
- Review progress of construction in the field
- Participate in as-built drawing effort
- Work in a team environment communicating with other engineers and designers.
- Complete Quality Management Training and comply with the program upholding a commitment to a culture of quality in all aspects of work.
What will you contribute?
- Education level: BS in Civil Engineering with emphasis on structural engineering
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant experience in civil and structural designs for pharmaceutical, commercial and heavy industrial facilities.
- Certification: Must have P.E.
- Experience with retrofit projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills allowing for effective communication in multidisciplinary project teams involving representatives from the client, other departments within SNC-Lavalin, and other consultants and contractors.
- Results oriented, with good organization skills, attention to detail, and the capability to efficiently work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Positive perspective with the ability to engender a team attitude amongst colleagues and clients.
- Computer knowledge: Structural analysis software, MS Office, AutoCad, RevitStructure
- Additional hours may be necessary as workload dictates
- Travel to client sites required
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.). or
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project Management Company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com