Senior Structural Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Structural Engineer with demonstrable technical and commercial experience. The role will be based in our Glasgow office. This new appointment is part of our aspiration to develop and grow our structural capability in Scotland and the wider UK.
You will be a Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer with a proven track record of successful delivery of design projects from concept to detailed design and completion of construction. Credibility, competence and technical excellence are a given as the role requires close working with our internal and external clients, decision makers, industry stakeholders and other consultants to develop robust design solutions through collaborative and proactive management of client demands. You will be required to demonstrate a developed understanding of the market and industry and ability to focus our business to take full advantage of market conditions.
Our Glasgow office provides multidisciplinary design and engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of sectors. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery we are playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects. These include Education, Residential, Rail, Defence, Energy, Airports and Civil Infrastructure.
This key appointment offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience and problem-solving skills to develop our business.
Key Experience Required
- Degree-qualified Civil/Structural Engineer
- Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer
- A member of the Approved Certifier of Design Scheme (SER Certifier) is desirable
- Detailed working knowledge of design codes and standards relating to structural engineering such as Eurocodes
- Proven track record in design delivery with specific experience of; steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber designs from concept to detailed delivery, foundation design and structural analysis, construction delivery
- Detailed working knowledge of software packages such as Robot, Tekla and Tedds
- Knowledge of construction implementation with proven site experience and an understanding of buildability
- Proven track record in delivering technically excellent design projects on time and to budget
- Sound commercial understanding of the consultancy business
- Good communicator (written, verbal & presentations)
- A natural curiosity for developing innovative and cost-effective solutions for our clients
- Ability to develop, motivate and mentor our growing team
- Proven record of developing client relationships and winning new consultancy work
- Ability to achieve SC clearance
- Driving Licence (desirable)
- Identify opportunities, lead and support business development and work winning / bidding activities
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with key and prospective clients
- Technical and commercial responsibility for structural engineering design delivery
- Review calculations and drawings
- Undertake SER Certification on projects (Desirable)
- Management and technical development of our capability and individual Engineers
- Client and stakeholder interfacing
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.