Senior Structural Engineer
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Henderson, NV office as a Senior Structural Engineer Major Function/Role:
- This position will be responsible for the structural design and production of diverse projects located in Henderson and throughout the US. Under general direction, provides technical expertise within area of specialization for diverse engineering activities throughout the assigned area of responsibility and/or company-wide.
- Work involves coordination, research and problem solving on a variety of engineering projects with unique or controversial problems, the solution of which has an important effect on major organization programs.
- Work closely with Architecture, designers, other discipline engineers and project managers as part of a multidisciplinary project delivery team.
- Ensure that all structural engineering deliverables comply with applicable codes and standards.
- Ensure all project documentation and deliverables are reviewed in accordance with corporate QA/QC procedures.
- Perform construction administration functions including shop drawing reviews, site visits and RFI response.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering with Structural emphasis.
- This level may be achieved with ten years' experience since B.S. OR nine years’ experience since M.S.
- Proficiency with Structural analysis software, i.e. Csi Bridge, LARSA, Bentley LEAP Suite etc.
- NDOT and local agencies project experience preferred.
- NV P.E. License is required
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.