Senior Structural Technician
We are looking to add to our successful team by recruiting a Senior Structural Technician, based in
our Glasgow office. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual committed to long term development
of their engineering skills within our organisation. The individual will have a strong commitment to
collaborative working. The role requires an ability to work effectively as part of project teams, but also
under your own initiative, as appropriate. With the next challenge always right around the corner,
you’ll keep learning and developing throughout your career with us.
This new appointment is part of our aspiration to develop and grow our structural capability in Scotland
and the wider UK. Our Glasgow office provides multidisciplinary design and engineering services and
integrated solutions across a wide range of sectors. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track
record of delivery we are playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting
engineering projects. These include Airports, Defence, Energy, Civil Infrastructure, Education and Rail.
Atkins is seeking a candidate able to demonstrate a high level of technical capability within the
building structures sector, who can deliver CAD & REVIT support to our designers. Your experience
to date will have included involvement in a range of market sectors noted above and to include
detailing of key structural engineering materials, such as steel, concrete, timber and masonry.
Key Experience Required
• Fully proficient in the use of AUTOCAD and REVIT Structure
• Robust understanding and working knowledge of CIC BIM Protocol and PAS 1192 and ability
to develop project BIM Execution Plans.
• Ability to develop 3D structural models to BIM Level 2 requirements.
• Able to demonstrate a capability of problem solving and understanding of the wider
engineering context of your drawings and models.
• Experience of packages such as Navisworks will be beneficial.
• Proven track record in CAD and REVIT delivery from concept to construction.
• To work on own initiative and as part of a team of engineers and technicians.
• Good general knowledge of construction techniques and materials.
• Good organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
Responsibilities and other requirements
• Responsible for accurate and reliable production of 2D structural drawings and 3D REVIT
models from engineering sketches.
• Responsible for delivery of structural steelwork drawings, reinforced concrete drawings, RC
detailing and schedules including working experience using packages such as CADS RC.
• Responsible for mentoring apprentice technicians.
• Responsible for working closely with our engineers to understand and foresee practical
challenges within a design and to work with the team to resolve design and detailing
• Responsible for document control using Atkins and client’s electronic management systems.
• Valid full clean driving licence.