Senior Surveying CAD Technician
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Henderson, NV Surveying and Geodesy Group as a Senior Surveying CAD Technician.
Under general supervision, provides sophistication and expertise in the performance of computer-assisted design to support development, planning, transportation and other technical services of the company. Applies engineering fundamentals to engineering design; and production of drawings in support of engineering or architectural project(s).
- Uses CAD system to enter the required data, such as precise measurements and commands, in order to generate construction drawings, renderings, report graphics, interior drawings or other digital images.
- Develops, organizes and prepares a variety of considerably complex layouts, drawings and designs from written or verbal specifications, or from rough or detailed sketches and/or drawings made by technical professionals, converting paper documents into computerized files.
- Develops and maintains standards and symbols to meet specialized needs of a particular project or to facilitate or improve CAD utilization. Writes procedures and distributes these to other CAD users inside and outside own department.
- Produces various design options on the screen or on hard copy, following technical professionals' verbal instructions or ideas to assist in resolving a design concept not yet completely defined.
- Uses CAD to redesign, modify or otherwise edit existing design.
- Performs mathematical calculations necessary to complete design tasks.
- Checks final drawing on screen to verify completeness, clarity, and accuracy of drawing.
- Assist in troubleshooting various CAD production technologies, including hardware and software. Provides intermediate training to technical personnel, as well as those interested in acquiring skills and knowledge of various CAD production technologies.
- Performs other such duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma (or equivalent) plus twelve years related experience OR an Associates Degree in a related technical field plus ten years related experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of state and local codes and ordinances, design input codes and standards.
- Strong math and trigonometry computation skills.
- Technical writing, communication skills, and analytical ability.
- Good knowledge of CAD and survey software.
- Basic knowledge of GPS.
- Ability to access and understand legal records and field notes.
- Ability to operate calculator, computer and CAD equipment.
- Ability to interpret legal descriptions and field notes.
- Ability to effectively communicate findings and make recommendations.
- Ability to compose and write clear and concise reports and legal descriptions.
- Ability to travel if needed.
- If position requires driving company vehicle, incumbent must have valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company policy.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles