Senior Sustainability Consultant
Senior Sustainability Consultant
Faithful+Gould is an international company with a culture of progression, placing strong emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff; we’re dedicated to providing the best possible expertise to our customers through consultancy and digital innovation. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
The Strategic Asset Management business within Faithful+Gould, part of the Akins Group, is a leading provider of sustainability and low carbon services within the UK. We provide a range of support and insight to large UK private and public-sector clients. This includes energy efficiency and carbon management services, asset management and whole life costing, as well as broader sustainability strategy services and post-occupancy evaluation and rating tools (BREEAM, Ska, Well Building etc).
We are looking to recruit a knowledgeable and skilled Senior Consultant with solid experience in delivering consultancy services in the sustainability arena including; energy auditing and building optimisation, post occupancy evaluation, and the provision of technical advice and guidance in other areas of low carbon consultancy with a focus on energy efficiency and low carbon technologies and there implementation in a wide range of sectors. The successful candidate will join a growing dynamic team, with real opportunity for development and progression.
A prerequisite for this role is a suitable BEng / MEng, in mechanical engineering, building services, or energy related field.
Your permanent location will be our London offices, and the role may include travel to clients’ offices/ sites throughout the UK.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The role will typically include:
- Providing technical sustainability support to clients in a wide range of areas including;
- building performance and building optimisation;
- energy auditing and options development
- Technoeconomic assessment;
- Sustainability strategies;
- Renewable feasibility studies; and
- Whole life carbon assessments;
- Climate adaptation / mitigation strategies;
- Providing advice to clients and design teams on the most cost-effective and beneficial route to compliance;
- Identifying potential clients, discussing needs and preparing bid documents;
- Interact with other members of the business and external clients at all levels;
- Facilitating workshops with a broad range of stakeholders; and
- Managing resources, deliverables and budgets on projects.
- Experience of working with design teams on a range of commercial and public sector projects;
- BEng / MEng, in mechanical engineering, building services, or energy related field;
- Strong understanding of building services and preferably, common industrial processes;
- Experience of carrying our BREEAM assessments, SKA and/or LEED knowledge is preferable;
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external clients;
- Confident with an ability to assimilate within a team and collaborate fully to help develop the business;
- Facilitation skills;
- Competent in Microsoft Office and Windows applications;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary;
- High level of energy with lots of drive and enthusiasm; and
- Candidates may be expected to attain an appropriate level of UK security clearance.
Rewards and benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs