Senior Tax specialist
The senior tax specialist will be part of a tax group (composed of more than 40 professionals, organized by regions) of a multinational company based in Montreal. The senior tax specialist will provide tax advice to business development teams and controllers in the assigned region. This person will also support the tax managers with international tax planning initiatives and the application of Canadian Foreign Affiliate rules.
SNC-Lavalin is big enough to have resources and interesting, varied tasks, while the tax team is small enough that a single person has autonomy and can make an impact. If you are curious, have a strong team attitude with organizational skills, and are looking for a compelling place to work, do not hesitate to apply.
•Prepare corporate income tax memos for international engineering and construction projects;
• Perform tax research to determine the tax implications in foreign jurisdictions of projects and transactions, including various Tax Treaty provisions;
• Assist in tax due diligence and planning with respect to acquisitions and internal reorganizations;
• Support in tax audits and tax disputes (coordination with external service providers);
• Review of foreign company tax returns prepared by external service providers;
• Manage tax risks;
• Assist with various other international tax issues, such as Foreign Accrual Property Income, transfer pricing, indirect sales tax on cross-border transactions, cash repatriation, surplus calculation;
• Ensure the appropriate level of documentation is created and maintained to support analyses performed, decisions made and conclusions reached for purposes of reporting and compliance;
• Monitor changes to tax legislation and communicate best practices to address any such changes;
• Build relationships with the business units and ensure coordination, as the tax team works closely with members across a global tax department and external stakeholder teams (Accounting, Legal, Insurance, Treasury);
•Professional accounting designation (CPA), Law degree or equivalent background;
•Minimum 4 years of relevant tax experience (international tax experience, an asset);
•Completion of/or enrollment in Masters of Tax program and/or CICA In-depth courses;
•Fluently bilingual in English and French (written and spoken);
• Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and work effectively across cross-functional teams;
• Able to run multiple tasks, prioritize where necessary;
• Enjoys taking ownership of projects, working independently but also collaboratively as part of a team;
To apply online:
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.