Senior Technical Lead - Transport Modelling
Now part of the SNC-Lavalin group, Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented transport planners and engineering professionals. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes Atkins the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility.
The transportation infrastructure sector is experiencing unprecedented levels of investment and Atkins is playing lead roles in projects to upgrade existing transport networks to deliver future demand including major new road schemes, high-speed rail as well as extensive public transport enhancements. Our teams are currently delivering exciting and important policy, strategy, modelling and research projects throughout the transportation sector. We are at the forefront of national and international policy making, supporting key decision makers at al levels; and are also supporting the development of cutting-edge technology in the transport sector.
We have a growth plan to respond to this pipeline of work and are currently recruiting talented individuals to help win and deliver transport planning projects for our expanding client base. With over 300 specialists in our Transport Planning business we have the flexibility and resources to provide our clients with an extensive range of services including transport policy and strategy planning, traffic modelling, scheme appraisal, travel demand management and development planning.
We are currently recruiting an established transport modeller to lead our pursuit and delivery of high profile projects particularly in the north west. These includes studies to develop the testing of strategies at a regional level through to the development and delivery of schemes. They will have strong technical skills across modelling all modes and will be interested in leading teams through all stages of model development, appraisal and delivery of projects through working with clients and stakeholders.
We would like to discuss this senior position with prospective candidates who can demonstrate an appropriate level of experience and technical expertise. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who can contribute to shaping and growing a high performing, dynamic team, working seamlessly across our national business.
With a network of offices across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland we are flexible where candidates may be based. We offer a fantastic environment with fresh, modern offices that buzz with the excitement of people working at the leading edge of our industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a business that places no limits on how far you can progress.
Successful applicants will be flexible, self-motivated and will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Strong analytical, numeracy and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with strong report writing capability
- Sound technical competence
- Ability to work under pressure and proven success in meeting deadlines
- Confident team worker with ablity to work independently
- Experience of working to time and budget constraints.
Successful candidates will have:
- Appropriate academic and professional qualifications - degree qualified in a relevant discipline (such as Transport Planning, Economics etc)
- Relevant previous experience of working in a Transport Planning Consultancy, in Central Government or a Local Authority
- Experience of developing client relationships and successful work winning activity
- Strong track record of managing teams to successfully deliver against business objectives and targets
- Knowledge and appreciation of current UK transport sector.
It is desirable that candidates will be able to demonstrate technical skills in areas such as:
- Experience in using strategic modelling packages such as SATURN, EMME/2 and VISUM across highway or other modes;
- Demand modelling;
- Experience in Micro-simulation modelling using software such as VISSIM and PARAMICS;
- Experience of economic evaluation of transport schemes using COBA and/or TUBA.
They will have experience of the technical governance requirements of local and central government clients and will have the ability to work with specialists across a range of technical disciplines.
Rewards and Benefits
We started out as Atkins, one of the most respected international design, engineering and project management consultancies in the world. Today we are part of global giant SNC-Lavalin. Work with us and you’ll enjoy all the benefits a multinational company can offer — from great employee benefits, to travel and exposure to impressive world-wide clients and projects.
With a goal to be a truly diverse employer, we promote an inclusive culture for everyone in the SNC-Lavalin Atkins family and have an ongoing commitment to pursuing improvements for all underrepresented groups.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.