SNC-Lavalin is one of Canada's largest private sector nuclear engineering service providers. We have been providing a wide range of engineering and field services to the nuclear industry in Canada and around the world since for more than 60 years. We are proud to be the steward of Canadian CANDU nuclear technology and to apply our extensive knowledge to service the CANDU/BWR/PWR market.
Our expertise includes: Nuclear Steam Plant (NSP) engineering, Balance of Plant (BOP) engineering, Procurement, Plant Life Management and Extension including Retubing/Refurbishment, Retube Tooling Systems design and development, Inspection and Maintenance Services, Steam Generator Replacement, Plant Equipment Refurbishment and Retrofits and plants decommissioning.
SNC-Lavalin is currently looking for a Senior Technician to join our engineering team in our Point Lepreau Generating Station site office in the Province of New Brunswick. The requirement of this position is to work from the site office for three (3) years, with a possibility of extension for additional two (2) years.
- Complete complex CADD assignments in accordance with mandatory company and/or client drafting procedures and under minimum supervision
- Conduct site/field walkdowns to validate plant configuration and perform field quality control functions
- Analyze, provide recommendations and make decisions related to technical problems in conjunction with other engineering staff
- Provide technical advice as required or supervise as required the daily activity of less experienced technical staff (technicians) concerning processes and processes and procedures
- Ensure accuracy work being performed
- Follow company and/or client driven file management system for document storage
Skills and Qualifications:
- College Diploma with formal training in AutoCAD and/or Micro Station, and
- Minimum 2 years in the Nuclear Industry and 5 years of technical Or CADD experience
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and Micro Station;
- Under minimal supervision, complete complex CADD assignments and perform field quality control functions;
- Ability to interface with Engineering staff as well as client staff in the development of CADD drawings;
- General knowledge of CANDU nuclear systems and equipment
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to work in a dynamic team environment;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills;
- Flexible work schedule, as work load dictates;
- Knowledge of Engineering Change Control (ECC) process is an asset
- Some Experience of working at site/field is preferred
- Security Clearance is a mandatory requirement
- Willing to become a Nuclear Energy Worker (NEW).
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.