Senior Technologist / Senior Technician - Leeds
Senior Technologist / Senior Technician (Project delivery) – Leeds
Atkins’ combines the best in architecture & engineering to provide a full suite of services to clients in the public and private sector. Whether designing iconic buildings or developing clever solutions for clients, Atkins prides itself in offering intelligent, sustainable solutions and unrivalled expertise.
Our diverse, highly skilled, passionate design teams are unified with a belief – good design can positively transform people’s lives.
Due to our current opportunities and strong pipeline of future work we are looking to recruit an Senior Technologist / Senior Technician into our Building Design team in Leeds.
This opportunity would ideally suit a Senior Technician with experience looking to work in a collaborative environment where they will be given the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and to take real responsibility throughout the full design lifecycle. Our teams work on a number of projects across sectors including transport, energy, defence, education, commercial as well as heritage and urban redevelopment.
- Supporting the design team from inception through to completion of projects.
- Work within a BIM enabled environment using 3D tools and technologies
- Assisting in the preparation of concept scheme designs from Client briefs and working with other disciplines to test the validity of those designs.
- Work as part of single or multi discipline team in the preparation of production information and working drawing packages.
- Ensure design co-ordination and interface resolution between multi-discipline teams throughout all design stages.
- Preparation of full NBS specifications.
- Prior experience of working as an Architectural Technician / Architectural Technologist
- Able to demonstrate an adaptable and approachable approach to your role and demonstrate a willingness to develop your skills
- Able to participate in the design and technical review culture of the office amongst your peers;
- Proficiency in AutoDesk Revit is essential. Navisworks experience is desirable but not essential.
- Security clearance and/or willingness to undertake security clearance checks to work on projects across all sectors is essential.
- Experience of on-site job running is desirable but not essential
- Be self-motivated and capable of working and completing tasks independently as well as demonstrating strong team work skills
- Able to produce, analyse and advise upon specification, materials selection and detailed design solutions in relation to performance and production criteria, as well as proficiently use NBS software packages
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.