Senior Telecommunications Technician
Senior Telecommunications Technician
For more than 40 years in Australia, SNC-Lavalin employees have been carving out rewarding careers on award winning projects. We think beyond engineering and push the boundaries of innovation for our clients across all major markets; oil & gas, mining & metallurgy, infrastructure and renewables.
We are pleased to be working with our client to safely deliver maintenance and support of the Telecommunications Systems at their onshore LNG processing facilities in Darwin.
We currently have an opportunity for a trade qualified Telecommunications Technician to utilise their specialist experience in supporting operational telecommunications systems in an Oil and Gas facility. The successful applicant will have at least 10 years trade experience with at least 5 years in a resources environment, providing technical support, maintenance and troubleshooting responsibilities on high tech, complex communications equipment. This is a residential Darwin position working 5/2 Monday to Friday day roster.
- Operations’ first point-of-contact for breakdown support of safety critical, production critical and facility security systems
- Hands-on on-site troubleshooting and fixes for system faults to ensure that faults are fixed within service level timeframes
- Regular preventative and corrective planned maintenance activities for Telecommunications Systems
- Inspections of equipment
- Brownfields project support on site and commissioning tasks
- Redundancy/failover testing - to ensure that systems fail over to backup systems
- Function testing - to ensure that the systems continue to operate as required
- Hazardous area equipment inspections and maintenance
- Accurately capture jobs tasks via Work Management System (SAP), raising notifications, time writing and detailed work notes
- Manage remote access work scopes with vendor support and engineering support
- Work in with Perth Engineering team to effectively support scoping of small capital work projects and provide guidance and experience to team for new scopes.
Education and Skills
- Cert III in Electrotechnology, Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent/higher
- High level of knowledge and experience in analogue radio (VHF, UHF), digital radio (P25, Tetra), and microwave systems
- Maintenance experience in supporting at least two of the below systems would be advantageous:
- Access Control
- Communications Console
- Registered ACMA Cabling license with structured, coax and fibre endorsements
- High Risk Work License – Elevated Work Platform
- Working Safely at Heights,
- MSIC, EEHA an advantage
- Restricted Electrical license an advantage
- Ability to prioritise emerging scopes and provide detailed feedback to clients
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Minimum 5 years maintenance experience on diverse RF and Electronic Systems
- Technical experience in networking, IP connectivity, basic sysadmin tasks
- Experience working in a live production environment, preferably from within the Oil and Gas sector
- Well supported by this global engineering and construction organisation;
- Excellent salary package with benefits; and
- Gain valuable experience on major Oil & Gas resource facilities
Why Join our Team?
Our team is a diverse and driven group of individuals with leaders who are committed to the development of each employee. Our portfolio of projects across Australia is diverse, stimulating and continually growing due to our strong client relationships. We are excited about our future, now it’s your turn to be part of something big!
SNC-Lavalin offers a competitive compensation and benefits package with a great team environment. We have in place strong learning and development programs, training and career opportunities to keep you developing.
We’re focused on creating an inclusive, supportive workplace that will enable you to develop and thrive. Joining today as a career with us opens up a world of possibilities - being part of a global organisation of over 50,000 employees, opportunities await you to collaborate with colleagues on international projects or use your skills and knowledge to create a winning combination for our clients across our other markets.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs