Senior Telecoms Design Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world's leading engineering companies. Its rail business is the largest in its field in Europe. With about 2500 specialists including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, and various environmental experts our Transportation division (including rail) provides high value engineering services predominantly to the UK market including signalling, telecommunications, electrification and plant, civil, highways, track and rolling stock.
Atkins Transportation provide provides engineering, design consultancy and specialist services to the rail industry. We have a national presence across the UK with telecommunications in London, Glasgow, Birmingham, Manchester, Plymouth and York. Our telecommunications team is highly respected by our clients and we are currently delivering high profile infrastructure projects on East West Rail, HS2 EDP and Euston Station Enabling for HS2.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Telecommunications Engineer to support our teams in delivering both operational and station telecommunication designs at all stages of the delivery cycle. The role is based in Plymouth.
• Degree or HND in a suitable subject.
• Holder of IRSE Telecoms Design License, or equivalent experience
• Chartered Engineer (or working towards) (or equivalent experience)
A good technical understanding and experience of:
• Operational Telecommunications
• SISS Telecommunications
Previous experience as a CRE for Telecoms.
As CRE / Technical Lead
• Provide bidding support to the team leader and bid mangers by producing cost estimates and methodologies
• Act as Consultant, Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) or Technical Lead on projects as required. Production of designs for GRIP 2-5 and specifications.
• Undertaking the CRE duties described in Network Rail standard NR/L2/INI/02009
• Accountable for the quality of all project based engineering deliverables.
• Identify, understand and promulgate client needs and expectations to ensure client satisfaction on all projects and maximise the opportunities for repeat business.
• Support Delivery Managers to ensure timely delivery of projects.
• Management of discipline specific project budgets and programme
• Oversee the production of design documentation in line with client requirements
• Assist with the development and mentoring of our emerging professional and graduate staff.
• Support and encourage the identification and development of new opportunities in order to meet operational and strategic objectives.
• Ensure that market intelligence and client opportunities are recorded and communicated via an agreed process.
The Individual - Should be highly motivated and able to work closely with other disciplines in order to produce fully integrated and economical designs. Have a collaborative approach to both project delivery and team work sharing knowledge and experience.
Rewards & Benefits
• 25 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays + the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days additional leave
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance Scheme
• Professional fees paid
• Give as you earn – charity contributions
• Private medical insurance discount
• Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice
• Childcare vouchers
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.