Senior Test Engineer (Mechanical)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking a Sr. Test Engineer (Mechanical) to join the nuclear team in Oak Ridge, TN.
• Provides oversight of mechanical construction, installation, testing, and turnover of systems, structures and components (SSCs) to Operations
• Provides oversight for inspection and approval of SSCs’ (including commercial or custom equipment, assemblies, or materials) readiness to undergo testing within area of expertise and develops familiarity with SSCs defined in the facility's Documented Safety Analysis (DSA) and Technical Safety Requirements (TSR), Configuration Items list, and systems not defined in the DSA
• Develops test plans and provides input for integrated schedule of testing and turnover
• Interprets test results that prove compliance with design within applicable codes, standards, guides, and contractual requirements; approves designs and installation of commercial or custom equipment, assemblies, or materials.
• Approves designs and installation of commercial or custom test equipment and/or assemblies
• Proposes alternate methods of testing, as necessary, where it is assured that equivalent objectives can be achieved by establishing and maintaining effective safety equal to or exceeding established codes, regulations, and standards
• Establishes tests boundaries, directs tests, evaluates test results and documentation, and determines the need for retests of SSCs within expertise
• Assists other organizations as directed by the Commissioning Manager.
• Supports the execution of Integrated Safety Management System guiding principles and core functions and the Isotek Safety Culture
• Possesses executive ability as is required for performance of the position and has through experience and/or education, the knowledge of standards and work practices used in the installation, operations, construction, testing, and maintenance of mechanical equipment and systems
• Has familiarity with metal fabrication, specifying weld types and requirements, specialized tooling design, construction/design integration within existing facilities
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Strong communication, verbal and written skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Baccalaureate in in engineering or related science
• Minimum 8 years job-related experience with 3 years nuclear/DOE experience preferred.
• Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter
• US citizenship required for SNC-Lavalin/Isotek Systems project positions
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles