Senior Tolls Analyst
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team in Denver, Colorado as a Senior Tolls Analyst supporting various toll agency clients.
The ideal candidate will have a background in engineering and/or revenue collection operations management as an engineer or systems analyst.
Under direction, applies technical competency in Toll Systems, Toll Revenue Operations and relevant toll-related Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) technology to: the investigation of, and arriving at appropriate solutions to operational needs and problems of toll systems; the coordination of Toll project activities; and the preparation of preliminary plans, reports and documentation.
Carries out job functions within small, project-oriented, multidisciplinary teams of toll professionals and supports direct interaction with clients within the context of project progress meetings, design reviews, operations-related activities, and project production and delivery.
Major results expected include high-quality written, verbal and graphical deliverables in the form of operational concepts, technology reviews, designs and specifications.Conducts assignments that have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a defined number of variables.
- Applies general Toll planning, operational, and engineering principles to solve specific Toll-related problems.
- Collaborates in the development of Toll operational and system design concepts, analyses, and solutions to Toll problems, including requirements analysis, technology review and selection, development and communication of operational concepts, and plans / requirements for new projects, development of specifications, testing and commissioning.
- Develops preliminary concepts and/or specifications.
- Researches feasibility of alternative approaches, technology capabilities, previous experiences with Toll system deployments, costs/benefits, and client/regulatory agency specifications.
- Writes reports, participates in presentations, discusses concepts and deliverables with clients, and participates in quality-control checks.
- May lead small project-specific teams.
- Performs such assignments and duties as the supervisor may deem necessary from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering or another subject related to Toll Revenue Collection Business Operations / Systems (incl. Roadside and Back Office), such as Information Technology, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Transportation Planning, Business, Accounting, or Finance. Toll-related Master's degree / MBA can substitute for one year of experience.
- This level may be achieved by candidates with four (4) years’ experience since Bachelor's or three (3) years since Master's. Relevant work experience would provide exposure to toll revenue collection operations, systems and sub-systems, including electronic payment, and/or intelligent transportation systems (ITS). Relevant technologies may include computer hardware & software, fiber-optic network design, video systems, electronic payment, or traffic management. Experience with tolling infrastructure is a plus.
- Without a degree, a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience required.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills essential, including ability to present concepts verbally.
- Strong analytical ability and organizational skills is a plus.
- Position requires ability to deal effectively and harmoniously with people at all levels of the organization and to represent the firm professionally. Good interpersonal skills are essential to interact effectively.
- Strong personal computer skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access is required. SQL skills are desirable.
- PMP certification is desirable, but not required.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.