Senior Trackwork Specialist - Rail
Senior Trackwork Specialist - Rail
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision. SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field, and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious prizes in the world. Within Canada, our Rail & Transit team has been selected to design and deliver most of the recent Greenfield and Brownfield LRT, ALRT and Light Metro jobs awarded in the last 10 years.
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation in the development of designs and solutions while maintaining safety and balancing operational flexibility, reliability and whole-life cost.
- Review and check LRT and railway alignments & profiles.
- Review and check trackplan-schematics.
- Review and check functional and combined services cross sections.
- Review and check yard and maintenance facility general layouts, cross sections and details.
- Review and check turnout and special trackwork layout drawings.
- Review and check track clearance envelopes to determine bodyline displacement stopping positions and fouling points.
- Prepare material and equipment specifications for track component procurement.
- Review inspection & test plans.
- Perform site visits for design validation.
- Provide technical support to Intermediate and Junior Trackwork Engineers.
- Provide construction support services such: RFIs, Non-conformance reports, vendor document reviews (Shop drawings, Test Reports, Certificates), etc.
- Able to interpret and apply Track Design Handbook for Light Rail Transit (TCRP 155).
- Able to interpret and apply AREMA standard in Alignment and Trackwork Design.
- Able to interpret and apply EN, AS or other international standards in Alignment and Trackwork.
- Able to interact with team members,
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited direct supervision,
- Able to adapt to changing environment.
- Must have demonstrated competency in the following software:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- AutoCAD 2013
- AutoDesk Civil 3D 2013
- MicroStation V8i
- Bentley in Roads and Power Rail Track V8i
• Must be willing to travel to project sites
• Must be willing to travel to vendor locations
- Degree in Civil or Railway Engineering
- A Professional Engineering License in Canada preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in ballasted, direct fixation and embedded track design for light rail applications. Experience in heavy haul applications would be an asset.
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world's largest engineering and construction companies. Our Rail & Transit Engineering Unit is responsible for the development and execution of large transportation infrastructure projects valued at several billion.
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the largest projects in North America. You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs