Senior Traffic Signal Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
• In depth experience of traffic signal design
• In depth experience in the design, operation, configuration and validation of UTC/SCOOT
• In depth experience of traffic signal controller operation, TR2500 form and/or configuration writing
• In depth experience of FAT and SAT
• Good experience of MOVA design, configuration and validation
• Comfortable client facing and able to communicate and influence effectively in spoken and written English
• Able to win client confidence and develop effective client relationships
• Familiar with a wide range of ITS technologies, including UTMC, journey time measurement, VMS, CCTV, RTPI
• Project management skills, including ability to manage multiple projects for various clients
• Proven ability to learn new skills and understand complex technical projects rapidly
• Excellent problem solving skills and able to develop new and innovative ideas
• Business development
• Strong awareness of Health and Safety issues and CDM
• Holds Professional qualifications
• Able to work as part of a team
• Hold full driving licence
• Willing to work in various locations in the UK and abroad
• Project management experience and qualifications (eg PRINCE2)
• Asset management/maintenance experience
• Traffic modelling experience
• Experience of design or operation of other ITS infrastructure
• The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate evidence of:
• Ability to work collaboratively in a complex matrix structure
• Ability to assist and guide less experienced staff on technical delivery and project management
• Ability to show initiative and examples of creativity
• A professional manner
• A clear and thorough communication style
• Flexible attitude
Atkins is a truly global organisation and our strategy means much of our multi-disciplinary work spans various regions around the world. We especially welcome applications from those who are able to travel and spend extended periods of time abroad.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins has been named as one of the top 50 employers for women for 2011. The listing recognises Atkins as an organisation that is committed to making the most of the women in our workforce.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.