Senior Transit Communications Design Engineer
Senior Transit Communications Design Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Senior Transit Communications Systems Design Engineer
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world. Within Canada, our Rail & Transit team is focused on the delivery of projects and services which vary in size and complexity. From smaller consulting direct-to-client professional services, to turn-key engineering and project management on large multi-billion-dollar infrastructure projects, our team engages in engineering challenges across a broad spectrum and in a multi-client environment.
Our Rail & Transit Engineering team is looking for a Senior Transit Communications Systems Design
Engineer, reporting to the Director, Rail Control Systems to join our growing team in Vancouver. To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
How will you contribute to the team?
- Leading a team of engineers and designers in the deployment of communication systems including fibre-optic networks, fire alarm systems, radio systems, passenger information systems, CCTV systems, telephony, building management/automation, access control/intrusion detection and SCADA systems.
- Conducting Business development activities with key clients and developing new client relationships to expand services offerings.
- Ensuring system designs meet operational capacity and project functionality requirements.
- Integrating Communication System designs into Stations, Stops, Traction Power Sub-stations, Maintenance & Storage facilities and Control Centres in accordance with Project requirements.
- Working with the System Design teams and other Domain teams on specification development and delivery of various Communication Systems into overall transit, urban rail and heavy freight infrastructure.
- Interfacing with design groups (buildings, fixed facilities, etc.) and with external team members (architects, code consultants, AHJs, major suppliers, etc.).
- Developing component, sub-system and system procurement technical specifications, supporting vendor selections, providing post-award support, etc.
- Delivery of Design/Construction and Interface Control documentation
- Interaction with Operations and Maintenance teams
- Support of construction and installation activities in the field
- Support for Test & Commissioning and setting to work of mass transit, urban rail and heavy freight signaling and control systems
- Assistance with customer staff training
- Assistance with the generation of O&M Manuals
- Managing select projects and leading a team through all project phases including concept planning, feasibility studies, and through detailed designs and construction.
What will you contribute?
- P.Eng designation or eligibility in BC is required
- Must be experienced in design and selection of the various elements of communication systems
Experience with Transit systems is preferred but not required
- Consulting experience is an asset
- Experienced in leading design staff teams in the generation of design documents, drawings and submissions
- Experienced in the generation of technical requirements and specifications
- Accustomed to operating within a multi-disciplinary project structure with responsibility for Communications systems design
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited direct supervision
- Accustomed to working on multiple projects at one time
- Able to interact with senior staff as technical lead
- Able to interact within discussions with the partners, clients and suppliers and able to take the technical lead on such discussions.
- Able to work in AutoCAD/Revit and /or MicroStation
- Able to work in design office, project office and field environments
- Able to travel approximately 10% to project sites and vendor locations
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs