Senior Transmission Lines Engineer
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Toronto office.
As part of the SNC-Lavalin group of companies, SNC-Lavalin Power, Grid and Industrial Solutions (PGIS) business-area designs, develops, and delivers engineering, including system planning and studies, procurement, and construction solutions for high voltage power transmission line and substation projects in North America and abroad.
SNC-Lavalin Power, Grid and Industrial Solutions (PGIS) has exciting full-time career opportunities for Senior Transmission Lines Engineer to join our team.
The Senior Transmission lines Engineer is required to work within a multi-discipline team to develop efficient and reliable Lines design. The incumbent will coordinate his/her design activities to maintain project schedules and ensure successful project completion. The incumbent will also assist the Estimating Team in preparation of estimates and project proposals.
This position is accountable to provide design activities in accordance with applicable codes and standards, including SNC-Lavalin’s policies and procedures, such as Safety, Environmental, Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Prepare conceptual design for transmission lines projects
- Carryout/review/analyze project scope and technical studies
- Review the design basis memorandum, Transmission lines Requirements, detailed engineering scope and guide the assigned discipline engineers to align the engineering deliverables according to client requirements and SNC-Lavalin’s Quality Management Systems
- Selection of equipment and material; preparation of specifications for material, equipment, construction and installation work
- Marking up and reviewing drawings (prepared by drafting group) required for client, suppliers and construction
- Preparation of Scope of Work (SOW) for survey, staking and construction
- Calculation of structure loadings and preparation of associated DRDs (Design Requirement Drawings) and specifications
- Review of internal and external designs for code compliance, good design practice and constructability
- Coordinate design activities with other multi-discipline project team members and work with Project Lead with detailed planning and monitoring to ensure output of the design are within requirement of the project
- Construction support including resolving site queries, attending site meetings and performing site inspections during the construction phase of projects
- Maintain technical knowledge to ensure appropriate technologies are incorporated into designs
- Maintain complete project documentation with respect to engineering studies and calculations, all design packages, as-built requirements and return data information
- Mentoring and providing guidance to developing engineers within the department
- Maintain good working relationship with internal groups that support project such as other Engineering disciplines, Drafting, Procurement, Construction and Project Management etc.
What will you contribute?
- A degree in Electrical or Civil/Structural Engineering from a recognized institution.
- P. Eng registration with Province of Ontario or Equivalent required
- A minimum of 10-12 years of experience in Transmission and Distribution lines design.
- Knowledge of PLS CADD, PLS TOWER and PLS POLE software essential
- Strong technical skills and experience
- Demonstrate initiative, team spirit and independence
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken), French as a second language will be an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of professionals at all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment is an asset
- Self-Motivated, driven and flexible
- Requirements specific to the position (Ex, mobility, travel, etc.)
- Soft skills
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com