Senior Transportation Planning Engineer
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Transportation Planning Group as a Senior Transportation Planning Engineer in either our Raleigh, NC or Charlotte, NC office.
Atkins is looking for an experienced and talented individual to join our Raleigh and Charlotte North Carolina transportation planning team to provide transportation planning related services. We are a growing practice working on a diverse range of high profile projects throughout North Carolina and other states. We're looking for an individual to help deliver projects for local, regional, and key national clients.
The successful candidate will have experience with HCS, Synchro, VISSIM, and Transmodeler. They will lead technical studies, manage projects and tasks, and contribute expertise in advanced concepts and techniques to solve unconventional problems. The individual will coordinate with internal project staff and subconsultants, coordinate with clients, and facilitate engagement with public and agency stakeholders. The individual also will participate in proposals and business development.
We have a strong forward-looking workload with major clients including the North Carolina Department of Transportation, Charlotte Regional Transportation Planning Organization, and other agencies. Our teams are currently delivering exciting and nationally important infrastructure projects, including roadways, toll facilities, transit, sustainable solutions, and transportation technology projects. They are developing new technical solutions to meet the challenges and opportunities provided by Intelligent Mobility.
We offer a fantastic environment with fresh, modern offices that buzz with the excitement of people working at the very forefront of our industry. You’ll further your experience through exceptional formal training opportunities and work on a diverse range of industry-leading projects.
- Work on multi-disciplinary projects as a team member or a project manager.
- Conducts traffic impact analyses, safety analyses, and interchange access requests (IARs).
- Coordinates technical work requirements of planning projects.
- Provides guidance to more junior planners in the design and preparation of plans and technical reports, and in the preparation of graphics, proposals, contracts, scopes of work and feasibility studies.
- Designs and formulates plans in graphic or written format.
- Writes project proposal components.
- Assists in the management of projects and acts as project manager on specific project tasks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering or Planning or related field.
- This level may be achieved by Engineers and Planners with five years' experience since B.S.; four years’ experience since M.S.
- Incumbents typically have six to ten years' experience since Bachelor's degree.
- Good technical writing, computer and communications skills.
- May be eligible to receive project management training.
- PE or AICP desired.
- Are dynamic and passionate about the transportation planning field
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have an interest and appreciation of current transportation policy and the key factors influencing national and local authority clients as well as private sector considerations
- Demonstrate a proven track record in applying a range of relevant analytical techniques to meet varying client / project requirements on a diverse range of projects
- Have good organizational, communication, time and budget management skills
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data here: http://www.snclavalin.com/en/files/documents/policies/privacy-statement_recruitment_en.PDF
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles