Senior Tunnel Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Our Middle East offices include the UAE (Dubai & Abu Dhabi), Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia & Kuwait. As a provider of multi-disciplinary technical services to the built environment Atkins in the Middle East is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Tunnel Engineer to join our expanding team in the Middle East, to work on a range of challenging projects in our Civil Structures practise based in Dubai.
- The successful candidate will be a Senior Engineer with a proven track record in the design of underground / civil engineering structures including tunnels and shafts.
- Candidates should be practical and demonstrate good commercial skills that will help develop and expand our business in the region.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- A good academic background with a civil engineering bachelors or masters degree
- Chartered status in civil engineering
- Significant post graduation experience undertaking the design of underground structures including both insitu and precast linings for shafts and tunnels.
- Has worked within multi-disciplinary teams, and has been responsible for co-ordination with MEP, Architecture, Utilities.
- Experience working in Rail, Highways and water conveyance projects.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English (clear, concise report writing will be expected)
- Commercially aware with a flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given
- Experience of team leading roles, and liaison with Clients, Contractors, design team and third parties
- Although based in Dubai, you will be required to travel regionally and be eligible to work in both KSA and Qatar
- A personality compatible with a high degree of collaborative and team work
- Excellent technical judgement
- Understand the importance of technical accuracy with a high attention to detail
- A high motivation to succeed, and to progress and develop their chosen careers
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave (based on 5 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants