Senior User Experience Designer
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior user experience designer based in our central Birmingham studio, to join our growing national Creative Design team. We’re looking for someone with strong user centred design skills, who communicates clearly and persuasively to clients and engages with colleagues. The person for this role would be willing to expand upon their already exceptional skills and learn from other designers and technical disciplines in a fast-paced, progressive environment. Supporting the UX/UI Technical Lead by working with the web development team and creative designers to deliver world class engaging websites and web applications.
This role offers great scope to grow your experience areas, whether you’re developing wireframes and prototypes for MVPs, or consulting on user flows and interaction patterns for existing platforms. There’s a huge opportunity to bring greater value to our variety of engineering, infrastructure and architectural design projects. You will bring your ideas, passion and problem-solving approaches to help us deliver fresh, digital solutions. You’ll be a team player, ensuring that delivery is of the highest standard, both visually and technically. You’ll support with managing the team and building a pipeline of work whilst embracing the variety and enjoy buzz of a dynamic working environment.
Please note: An updated CV and portfolio is a mandate to process your application.
Senior User Experience Designer Responsibilities:
• Responsible for designing, amending and implementing small and large scale digital initiatives driven by user needs.
• Use a high degree of technical judgement to resolve design challenges.
• Utilise your understanding of Information Architecture to apply designs to different development frameworks.
• Collaborate with team members and clients to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
• Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
• Create prototypes that can communicate to clients/customers for user testing.
• Facilitate client workshops in order to gather requirements and evolve your designs.
• Closely work with project managers and developers through the project lifecycle to ensure high quality delivery.
• Continuously enhance knowledge and keep up with emerging trends in design.
• Provide accurate time estimates for work for project proposals.
• Track time spent on projects tasks and communicate with project leads and account handlers on task progress.
• Help mentor and develop junior team members.
• Developing wireframes and task flows based on user needs
• Collaborating with Designers and Developers to create intuitive, user-friendly software
• Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
• Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
• Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
• Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Good problem solving skills and attention to detail.
• Good working knowledge of Scrum and Agile development methodologies.
About Creative Design
‘Creative Design’ is not your typical in-house team. We are a proactive and creative team of over 60 designers, developers, visualisers, filmmakers and immersive media specialists, delivering world class interactive solutions to a wide range of Atkins clients including EDF, Highways England, Transport for London, HS2, Environment Agency, Faithful and Gould and the University of Edinburgh. We work collaboratively with Atkins’ teams and external clients, getting to the heart of problems and adding value and innovation to every project.
Our design principles underpin everything we do. We’re problem solvers who are excited by working together to find a solution. We create bespoke communications which focus on bringing meaning to content, make information more accessible and add value to projects. We create and implement viable concepts that utilise technology in a way that enhances outcomes and creates efficiencies. We invest in innovation and focus on upcoming technologies.
Creative Design in the press
Rewards and Benefits
The Atkins standard benefits package
(http://axis.eu.atkinsglobal.com/uk/peoplematters/rewards/Pages/default.aspx) is included in the job description template which can be found using the following link: http://axis.eu.atkinsglobal.com/uk/peoplematters/employ/Pages/recruitment.aspx
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.