Senior Waste Coordinator
Atkins Nuclear has been operating for over 40 years with operations based in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and North America, and are fully engaged in the development of the next generation of nuclear power. Atkins are also currently embarked on an exciting journey to become the global leader in providing Waste Management and Decommissioning services.
As a result of continued growth, we are looking to recruit a wide range of experienced Waste Management, Decommissioning and Radiological Protection professionals to help us in achieving our goal of becoming the global leader in this arena.
We are looking for creative individuals who want to shape the Atkins Waste Management and Decommissioning service offerings on a global scale. If you would like to be part of this journey and are keen to become part of the Atkins family, then then we would love to hear from you.
Successful candidates will be based out of our Rutherford House (Whitehaven) office delivering waste management & decommissioning projects working as part of a multi-discipline team. Responsibilities for the role will be focused around those detailed below, there will be an expectation to support other team members outside this specific discipline where the need arises. There will also be potential opportunity for national and international travel for the right candidates.
Provide advice and support to projects and clients with regard to on-site Waste Management, in the following areas: -
- Responsible for the safe delivery of specified site-based work packages
- Responsible for all EHSSQ matters related to Site delivery of specified work packages
- Responsible for managing team(s), including subcontractors, to deliver site works to cost, schedule and the specified quality level
- Responsible for ensuring that work parties are set to work in line with the agreed arrangements for specified work package
- Responsible for the, monitoring and maintenance of scope, schedule and cost for specified work packages
- To ensure that all site work undertaken meets statutory, company and site requirements and is in accordance with relevant standards and specifications.
- Responsible for liaison with the Client through the appointed client representatives in relation to specified work packages
- To ensure Site work for specified work packages is incorporated into the clients delivery schedules through the specified planning process
- To monitor and reporting progress, variance, issues and risks on a routine basis
- To contribute to the identification and communication of lessons learned in relation to construction activities
- Help to develop and implement characterisation strategies
- Aid in the production of sampling and analysis plans
- Manage and deliver sampling and analysis plans
- Produce and review waste management documentation
- Produce Safe System of Work Documentation
- Contribute to the development of bids and proposals through identifying strategies.
- To support the development and continuous improvement of a projects waste strategy including identifying areas of future work and improvements to existing waste systems.
- Support other team members, sharing knowledge and experience.
- Use knowledge and experience to influence and improve project delivery.
- To assist successful delivery of projects, work to meet targets, work within budget and programme.
- Maintain excellent relationships with our customers and suppliers.
- Work with projects and clients to help solve complex and challenging problems.
- Nuclear Waste Management Experience.
- Experience and understanding client waste management systems (e.g. LCC, PSWC, etc)
- P4 Pass (or ability to acquire one).
- SC Clearance
- Able to work in the field and interact well with delivery teams.
- Good standard of written English and the ability to produce clear working level documentation.
- Innovative and open to ideas.
- Flexible in approach, willing to travel to work on client sites.
- Highly motivated and proactive, have good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Completion of Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) for Supervision.
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- Commercial awareness and demonstrate the ability to work within budget and programme.
- R2/C2 SL Training
- C3 SL Training
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
• Travel to other company sites may be necessary. There will also be opportunities for international travel and applicants with a desire for non-UK based assignments will be welcomed.
• We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.