Senior Waste Management Consultant
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join our Waste and Resource Management team in London or Epsom. The team provides expert advice and support to clients across all Atkins’ key market sectors. The types of work you will support on range from: Waste management plans and strategies, design for current and new development, sustainability and resource conservation, regulatory support, waste classification and characterisation and the development of waste and energy recovery infrastructure.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas.
You should be a motivated and proactive individual with technical expertise in waste management, ideally related to the construction sector, and with experience in work winning and developing client relationships. You should be capable of delivering the high standard of waste and environmental consultancy services for which Atkins is renowned, and be keen to contribute to the continued growth of the business.
- You will be able to demonstrate experience in several of the following areas:
- A broad understanding of the construction sector and its practices;
- A working knowledge of UK and EU waste regulations, including regulatory and policy compliance (e.g. Duty of Care, SWMPs, CL:AIRE Code of Practice);
- Experience in providing practical construction waste and resource management advice to clients;
- A working knowledge of waste sampling and characterisation; and
- Experience in work winning and developing client relationships.
- Experience in the following would also be advantageous:
- Environmental permitting (in relation to waste);
- Client engagement and relationship management; and
- Experience in engagement with UK regulators.
- You will also be able to demonstrate evidence of:
- An ability to show initiative, with a confident, professional “Can Do” approach;
- Strong report writing, verbal and presentation skills;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think strategically;
- Have an interest in and understanding of broader environmental and sustainability issues;
- Working towards becoming (or already) chartered with an institution such as CIWM or IEMA; and
- Have a full UK/EEC driving licence.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving chartership and corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.