Senior Water Infrastructure Engineer / Project Manager
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Henderson, NV Water Infrastructure Group as an Senior Water Infrastructure Engineer/Project Manager.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and be able to effectively carry out complete designs and also be able to supervise a team of mid- and entry-level engineers and designers. Effective organizational and interpersonal skills are essential.
Our nationally expanding footprint has increased our need for capable professionals to lead specific projects and clients within and outside of Southern Nevada. As we continue to work for award winning clients and projects, opportunities exist for technical staff to be involved in innovative conveyance and treatment projects. With active projects in multiple states, our staff are challenged to work on complex and sustainable infrastructure projects. Experience working with local and state regulatory agencies for permitting approvals a plus.
Focus Area of Current Projects:
- Water and Wastewater Planning
- Pressure and Gravity Piping and Pumping Systems
- Water Storage Facilities
- On-Call Engineering Services for Municipal Clients
- General and Advanced Municipal Water and Wastewater Treatment
- Membrane Treatment of Municipal Water and Wastewater
- Executes complex assignments relating to planning, designing and preparing plans related to water and wastewater infrastructure including modeling and planning efforts, distribution, collection, and transmission pipelines; pump and booster, as well as lift stations; reservoirs; water supply and water/wastewater treatment systems.
- Develops Technical Engineering Documents including Reports, Specifications, Permits, Cost Estimates, Quantities, and Construction Plans.
- Comprehends hydraulic modeling and performs analysis.
- Assists with supervision of multidiscipline teams with staff of varying experience.
- Monitors/manages design and development of plans and drawings, which may include the development of preliminary layout and/or final drawings.
- Monitors/manages projects involving construction activities by reviewing shop drawings for conformance with specifications; recordkeeping and progress reports; observes construction procedures, and directs subconsultants.
- Performs quality control, maintains quality standards in work produced, checks computations and reviews design drawings.
- Maintains frequent contact with clients and regulatory agency personnel to determine their respective needs and requirements.
- Monitors/manages a variety of water infrastructure projects, with varying degrees of complexity, maintaining scope, schedule, budget, and overall client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates strong project management skills. May serve as technical lead on projects with direct oversight of design staff.
- Provides leadership, guidance and instruction to more junior staff members.
- Regularly meets and corresponds with clients, subconsultants, contractors or project stakeholders.
- Supports business development activities from identification of opportunities to preparing proposals and making presentations to clients.
- Emphasis for this role will be on the technical aspects of water and wastewater system designs (80%) but will provide business development support (20%) when needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred. This level may be achieved by Engineers with seven years of experience since B.S. or 6 years since M.S. Typical incumbent has ten to fourteen years of experience.
- Proven technical writing and communication skills. Incumbent may be eligible for project management training.
- Active in Technical Organizations (i.e. AWWA, ASCE).
- Local working experience in Southern Nevada or adjacent regions is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with proficiency in public speaking and
- Familiarity with the following programs is preferred: ArcGIS, AutoCAD, MicroStation, and
- Storm/Sewer/WaterCAD, InfoWater, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)
- Nevada P.E. license is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong technical writing and communications skills.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to plan, prioritize and review project plans and documents, evaluate alternatives, and devise appropriate solutions.
General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to assemble and analyze data.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles