Senior Water Resource Engineer
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Orlando, Florida Water Resources Group as a Senior Water Resources/Drainage Engineer.
This is a great opportunity to work on a variety of water-related projects involving transportation (roadway and aviation) drainage design and design of stormwater management facilities. This person will mentor junior staff and review engineering calculations, perform field observations, prepare or perform quality control review of hydrologic/ hydraulic analysis and design methods. Proficiency in Microstation, highway drainage design, and some experience with floodplain analysis is necessary.
- Performs project design, sketching design concepts to be developed by junior engineers, CAD designers or technicians.
- Plans and reviews the production of engineering drawings and specifications.
- Plans and reviews the production of engineering investigations or planning work.
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for new projects, weighing alternatives and selecting the most cost-effective solution.
- Analyzes technical problems, assessing the feasibility of proposed techniques and procedures, and devising new approaches and alternative solutions.
- Analyzes project dimension and scope, and prepares or oversees the preparation of cost and manpower estimates, schedules and job budgets.
- Coordinates work with project manager, and guides junior professionals and technical personnel on the design and drafting of preliminary and final plans.
- Is responsible for quality control, maintaining quality standards in all work produced, and checking computations or reviewing designs and drawings performed by others.
- May occasionally manage projects.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. This level may be achieved by Engineers with four years' experience since B.S.; three years experience since M.S. Incumbents typically have six to ten years' experience since Bachelor's degree
- Good technical writing, computer and communications skills. May be eligible to receive project management training.
- Experience and familiarity with the following programs is required: ICPR, ArcGIS, HY-8, HEC-RAS, Microstation, AutoCD.
- Experience with the following programs is preferred but not necessary: Geopak, Inroads Storm & Sanitary, EPA-SWMM.
- The qualified candidate is proficient in schematic drainage design and riverine hydraulics.
- FDOT experience preferred
- P.E. license is required.
General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to plan, prioritize and review project plans and documents, evaluate alternatives, and devise appropriate solutions.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.