Senior Water Resources Engineer
Senior Water Resources Engineer
Why join us?
We are currently seeking a Senior Water Resources Engineer to join the team in our Burnaby office*, providing business and operational leadership, having superior client relations skills and a proven ability to generate new clients and projects. *Note: other locations may be considered.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Water Resources engineering, project management, project leadership, and collaboration with staff and managers in other company business units, BC and Ontario offices and out-of-province.
- Participating in developing and executing annual business and pursuit plans for developing new business opportunities and growth within BC and Ontario and nationally, including cross selling of the company’s various services.
- Developing and maintaining a network of business contacts.
- Participating in or delegation of participation in local professional and/or business associations.
- Providing recommendations on hiring.
- Acting as a key technical Water Resources advisor providing technical direction on and/or senior review of projects and proposals.
- Ensuring projects are adequately resourced and supported. Identifying and mitigating at-risk projects.
- Project managing one’s own projects.
- Develop and manage strong relationships with new and existing clients, field personnel, government and regulatory agencies and expand internal SNC-Lavalin network.
- Ensuring appropriate Quality Management System is applied on projects.
- Mentoring and/or coaching junior and intermediate staff.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of existing and emerging opportunities, trends, regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Analyzing and preparing competitive proposals, recommendations and reports for projects relating to hydrotechnical, hydrology, environmental impact assessment, dam safety, climate change, modeling, mining, oil and gas, land development and other surface water related projects.
- Participating in multi-disciplinary project teams, guiding and instructing others.
- Providing practical and economic solutions to clients that differentiate the team.
- Contributing to the overall strategic development of the Environment and Geoscience group, including growth, profitability and supporting the development of new processes, services, geographies and client sectors.
- Ensuring proper implementation and continued use of safety and quality assurance programs and corporate policies and procedures, including Ethics and Compliance.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Water Resources Engineering with a P.Eng. designation (Master’s degree in Water Resources / Hydrotechnical Engineering is preferred), eligible for registration with APEGBC.
- Minimum of 15 years relevant industry and post-graduate academic experience, since graduation, in water resources engineering related services, including hydrotechnical, hydrology, dam safety, surface water – groundwater interaction.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Canadian regulatory agencies and requirements and projects.
- Demonstrated Canadian market knowledge and an established presence and reputation within the Canadian consulting and client network.
- Demonstrated record of client growth and leading project teams.
- Highly developed client management skills.
- Demonstrated successful track record with business development and proposals
- Solid understanding of the drivers within the water resources consulting industry (i.e., business trends, regulatory, economic, and political).
- Proven organizational, team-building, technical, project management skills.
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills, English fluency.
- Valid Canadian driver’s license with a clean drivers’ abstract.
- Must be able and willing to travel for project work away from the home office.
Local candidates will be preferred and no relocation package will be offered.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs