Senior Water Resources Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Denver, CO Water Resources Group as a Senior Water Resources Engineer.
A strong candidate for this role will need to demonstrate full competency in conventional engineering work and broad knowledge of precedents in water resources. This individual must be competent in performing water resources engineering work and demonstrate a broad knowledge of hydrologic and hydraulic analysis and design methods. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Microstation, Inroads AutoCAD, Civil 3D, highway drainage design, and floodplain analysis. GIS experience associated with water resources and 2-D modeling experience is also preferable. A strong candidate will be able to independently make sound preliminary engineering decisions, develop water resource design plans, write design specifications, and plan technical reports.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Performs preliminary engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of junior engineers, designers or drafters.
- Works with external clients at progress meetings and throughout project to meet client needs, project schedules, goals and deadlines.
- Prepares cost and man-hour estimates, job budgets and schedules.
- Performs quality control and guidance of junior staff related to hydrologic and hydraulic models or methods.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of final plans and design reports and submits them for approval.
- Conducts or oversees personnel involved in engineering investigations and planning work.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff.
- May manage or assist in the management of projects.
- May perform other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering (preferably Civil Engineering with a specialization in Water Resources). This level may be achieved by Engineers with four years' experience since B.S.; three years experience since M.S. Incumbents typically have six to ten years' experience since Bachelor's degree.
- Good technical writing, computer and communications skills. May be eligible to receive project management training.
- PE license is required.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: http://careers.atkinsglobal.com/File.ashx?path=Root/Documents/north-america-welcome-new-employee/Equal_Opp_Stmt.pdf
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles