Senior Water Resources Engineer
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our San Diego Water Resources Group as a Senior Water Resources Engineer.
The candidate will be involved on projects related to flood control design, watershed management, storm water master planning, and FEMA studies. The preferred applicant will have experience in flood control design, drainage design, hydrologic and hydraulic methods and modeling. Experience with low impact development and water quality standards is preferable.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Performs preliminary engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of junior engineers, designers or drafters.
- Prepares cost and man-hour estimates, job budgets and schedules.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of final plans and reports and submits them for approval.
- Conducts or oversees personnel involved in engineering design work and investigations and planning work.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff.
- Plans, schedules and conducts or coordinates construction services on projects of moderate scope.
- May occasionally assist in the management of projects.
- May perform other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering. This level may be achieved by engineers with 4 years’ experience since B.S. or 3 years since M.S. The typical incumbent has 6 to 10 years’ experience since Bachelor’s degree
- Good technical writing, computer and communications skills are required. Experience and familiarity with the following programs is preferred: ArcGIS, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, Ras2D, FLO-2D, FlowMaster, WSPG, XPSWMM, AutoCAD/Microstation.
- P.E. license is required.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.