Senior Water/Wastewater Engineer
Senior Water/Wastewater Engineer
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Senior Water/Wastewater Engineer is an integral part of Water Infrastructure team. This position is based out of Atlanta, Georgia.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Executes complex assignments relating to planning, designing and preparing plans related to water and wastewater infrastructure including modeling and planning efforts, distribution, collection, and transmission pipelines; pump and booster, as well as lift stations; reservoirs; water supply and water/wastewater treatment systems.
- Develops Technical Engineering Documents including Reports, Specifications, Permits, Cost Estimates, Quantities, and Construction Plans.
- Comprehends hydraulic modeling and performs analysis.
- Assists with supervision of multidiscipline teams with staff of varying experience.
- Monitors/manages design and development of plans and drawings, which may include the development of preliminary layout and/or final drawings.
- Monitors/manages projects involving construction activities by reviewing shop drawings for conformance with specifications; recordkeeping and progress reports; observes construction procedures, and directs subconsultants.
- Performs quality control, maintains quality standards in work produced, checks computations and reviews design drawings.
- Maintains frequent contact with clients and regulatory agency personnel to determine their respective needs and requirements.
- Monitors/manages a variety of water infrastructure projects, with varying degrees of complexity, maintaining scope, schedule, budget, and overall client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates strong project management skills. May serve as technical lead on projects with direct oversight of design staff.
- Provides leadership, guidance and instruction to more junior staff members.
- Regularly meets and corresponds with clients, subconsultants, contractors or project stakeholders.
- Supports business development activities from identification of opportunities to preparing proposals and making presentations to clients.
- Emphasis for this role will be on the technical aspects of water and wastewater system designs (80%) but will provide business development support (20%) when needed.
What will you contribute?
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. This level may be achieved by Engineers with four years' experience since B.S.; three years experience since M.S. Incumbents typically have six to ten years' experience since Bachelor's degree.
- Proven technical writing and communication skills. Incumbent may be eligible for project management training.
- Active in Professional Organizations preferred (i.e. AWWA, ASCE, WEF, GAWP, etc.).
- Local working experience in Atlanta Metro or adjacent regions is preferred, though not exclusionary
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with proficiency in public speaking and
- Familiarity with the following programs is preferred: ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)
- P.E License in GA is required.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs