Senior Water/Wastewater Infrastructure Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
The Atkins Water Infrastructure Group is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, self-starter to join our Alexandria, VA office as a Senior Water/Wastewater Infrastructure Engineer.
The Senior Water/Wastewater Infrastructure Engineer will support projects for water and wastewater clients in the Washington DC Metro area, and provides professional expertise for water related projects including work associated with wastewater treatment, water treatment, distribution/collection systems, master planning and related work. Experience working with local and state regulatory agencies for permitting approvals a plus. Functions as mentor to other project managers and technical professionals to assist in their training and development. Also performs the basic project functions of production coordination, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, financial management and marketing
- Work involves the management and coordination of the planning, design and construction of medium to large water infrastructure and related projects. Projects typically involve significant billings requiring project planning, staff planning, sub-consultant coordination and local/state/federal regulatory agency communication.
- Prepare project work plans and develop project scopes, schedules, and budgets
- Monitor/manage project production for compliance with schedule, budget and quality objective.
- Maintain communications with team members, clients, and others involved with the project.
- Supervise multidiscipline teams with staff of varying experience.
- Monitor/manage design and development of plans and drawings, which may include the development of preliminary layout and/or final drawings.
- Perform quality control, maintain quality standards in work produced, check computations or review design drawings.
- Support business development activities from identification of opportunities to preparing proposals and making presentations to clients.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills. PMP certification is a plus.
- Perform engineering calculations.
- Participate on projects involving construction activities by reviewing shop drawings for conformance with specifications; assist in recordkeeping and in generating progress reports; observe relatively simple construction procedures, comprehend hydraulic modeling and perform analysis.
- Contribute to technical report writing and data/analysis summary tables and exhibits
- Prepare cost and material quantity estimates.
- Coordinate work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff.
- Perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Uphold engineering ethics and professional standards of conduct.
- Lead and mentor project teams.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. This level may be achieved by Engineers with four years' experience since B.S.; three years experience since M.S. Incumbents typically have six to ten years' experience since Bachelor's degree.
- Candidates must have proven interpersonal skills, including client interaction, public speaking and persuasive ability; strong project financial management along with ability to lead diverse, multi-disciplined teams.
- Experience with collection/distribution systems along with experience with pumping/hydraulics is required.
- Experience with water treatment is a plus.
- Experience working in the DC metropolitan region is a plus.
- Experience and familiarity with the following programs is preferred: ArcGIS, AutoCAD, MicroStation, SWMM, Storm/Sewer/WaterCAD, is preferred.
- Must have a Maryland and D.C. PE license or able to obtain one of the two in a year.
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to assemble and analyze data.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles