Senior Water / Wastewater Infrastructure Engineer
Senior Water / Wastewater Infrastructure Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Tampa, FL Water Infrastructure Group as a Senior Water/Wastewater Infrastructure Engineer.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and be able to effectively carry out complete designs and also be able to supervise a team of mid- and entry-level engineers and designers. Effective organizational and interpersonal skills are essential.
Our nationally expanding footprint has increased our need for capable professionals to lead specific projects and clients within and outside of the Tampa/Hillsborough County Metro area. As we continue to work for award winning clients and projects, opportunities exist for technical staff to be involved in innovative conveyance and treatment projects. With active projects in multiple states, our staff are challenged to work on complex and sustainable infrastructure projects. Experience working with local and state regulatory agencies for permitting approvals a plus.
Areas of Expertise: The following represent areas of expertise. It is understood that most candidates will not have expertise in all these areas. However, the successful candidate will have expertise in at least one or more of the following:
- Pressure and Gravity Piping and Pumping Systems
- General and Advanced Municipal Water and Wastewater Treatment
- Water and Wastewater Planning
- Water Storage Facilities
- Pumping Stations
- Hydraulic Modeling
- On-Call Engineering Services for Municipal Clients
- Executes complex assignments relating to planning, designing and preparing plans related to water and wastewater infrastructure including modeling and planning efforts, distribution, collection, and transmission pipelines; pump and booster, as well as lift stations; reservoirs; water supply and water/wastewater treatment systems.
- Develops Technical Engineering Documents including Reports, Specifications, Permits, Cost Estimates, Quantities, and Construction Plans.
- Comprehends hydraulic modeling and performs analysis.
- Assists with supervision of multi-discipline teams with staff of varying experience.
- Monitors/manages design and development of plans and drawings, which may include the development of preliminary layout and/or final drawings.
- Monitors/manages projects involving construction activities by reviewing shop drawings for conformance with specifications; record keeping and progress reports; observes construction procedures, and directs sub-consultants.
- Performs quality control, maintains quality standards in work produced, checks computations and reviews design drawings.
- Maintains frequent contact with clients and regulatory agency personnel to determine their respective needs and requirements.
- Monitors/manages a variety of water infrastructure projects, with varying degrees of complexity, maintaining scope, schedule, budget, and overall client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates strong project management skills. May serve as technical lead on projects with direct oversight of design staff.
- Provides leadership, guidance and instruction to more junior staff members.
- Regularly meets and corresponds with clients, sub-consultants, contractors or project stakeholders.
- Supports business development activities from identification of opportunities to preparing proposals and making presentations to clients.
- Emphasis for this role will be on the technical aspects of water and wastewater system designs (80%) but will provide business development support (20%) when needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. This level may be achieved by Engineers with four years' experience since B.S.; three years experience since M.S. Incumbents typically have six to ten years' experience since Bachelor's degree.
- Proven technical writing and communication skills. Incumbent may be eligible for project management training.
- Active in Professional Organizations preferred (i.e. AWWA, ASCE, WEF, GAWP, etc.).
- Local working experience in Tampa Metro/Hillsborough County area(s) or adjacent regions is preferred, though not exclusionary
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with proficiency in public speaking and presentations.
- Familiarity with the following programs is preferred: ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)
- Florida P.E. license is required, or ability to obtain withing 6 months of hire.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong technical writing and communications skills.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
- Ability to visit project sites if necessary
- Job also requires ability to plan, prioritize and review project plans and documents, evaluate alternatives, and devise appropriate solutions.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs