Senior Water/Wastewater Infrastructure Project Manager
Senior Water/Wastewater Infrastructure Project Manager
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Senior Water/Wastewater Infrastructure Project Manager is an integral part of Water Infrastructure team. This position is based out of Henderson, NV.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Participating in conducting engineering investigations and planning work by identifying and completing tasks. These tasks may include collection and analysis of data, performance of calculations, and researching the feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions, and/or regulatory agency specifications or regulations
- Prepare project work plans and develop project scopes, schedules, and budgets
- Monitor/manage project production for compliance with schedule, budget and quality objective.
- Maintain communications with team members, clients, and others involved with the project.
- Supervise multidiscipline teams with staff of varying experience. Be able to mentor junior staff. Provide workload forecasting for staff.
- Monitor/manage design and development of plans and drawings, which may include the development of preliminary layout and/or final drawings.
- Monitor/manage generation and development of project specifications and supporting documents including cost estimates and options analysis.
- Perform quality control, maintain quality standards in work produced, check computations or review design drawings.
- Support business development activities from identification of opportunities to preparing proposals and making presentations to clients. Work closely with other units of the company to develop marketing and business development strategies to target client and business opportunities in the Southern Nevada area
- Demonstrate strong project management skills. PMP certification is a plus.
- Perform engineering calculations.
- Participate on projects involving construction activities by reviewing shop drawings for conformance with specifications; assist in recordkeeping and in generating progress reports; observe relatively simple construction procedures.
- Comprehend hydraulic modeling for gravity and pressure systems and perform analysis.
- Contribute to technical report writing and data/analysis summary tables and exhibits
- Prepare cost and material quantity estimates.
- Coordinate work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff.
- Perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Uphold engineering ethics and professional standards of conduct.
- Lead and mentor project teams.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in field(s) of practice. Graduate degree preferred. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus. This level may be achieved with ten years of experience in project production and technical professional activities, four of these working as a project manager.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong technical writing and communications skills. Experience and familiarity with the following programs is preferred: AutoCAD, MicroStation, ArcGIS, SWMM, Storm/Sewer/WaterCAD, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)
- Local working experience in Southern Nevada or adjacent regions is preferred
- Active in one or more Technical Organizations such as ASCE, AWWA, APWA.
- PE license in NV is required.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs