Senior Well Engineer - Energy
Job Title: Senior Well Engineer
If you are a pro-active Senior Well Engineer with excellent technical, communication and project delivery skills, and thrive in dynamic environments, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you to join our Energy Storage business.
This is an opportunity to join a growing business which is expanding into continental Europe from our UK base.
Building strong and trusted relationships is a key part of this role. You’ll enjoy working with others, sometimes at client sites, sometimes from our offices.
You will be given the opportunity to develop your career and play a critical role supporting the development and implementation of our client’s projects.
About the Team
We are looking for a Senior Well Engineer to be responsible for delivery of wells project works in the subsurface energy storage sector.
Building strong and trusted relationships is an important aspect of this role so flexibility for travel to client sites in the UK and Europe and our multiple office locations is essential for this role.
You will be required to support our growth in the UK, Germany and European energy storage market via the technical delivery of wells projects. You will be expected to integrate both sound engineering knowledge and practice with an appreciation of technical and safety risk implications.
This is a great opportunity to join a high growth, high performing project team in a leading technical role.
What you’ll be doing
You will work on a variety of market-leading projects for our key clients where you will be required to demonstrate both technical and leadership abilities to deliver to successful completion.
You’ll be working closely with our clients, you’ll be consulting with them to develop a full understanding of their project requirements, delivering cost effective and innovative solutions. You’ll provide technical direction and leadership. You will be on hand for advice, guidance and mentoring for all our team. You will work closely with all disciplines including engineering, QSSE, procurement and project management to manage design responsibilities and to resolve design related issues associated with the project
Based in our expanding Energy Storage business and working within our Engineering team and as part of an international multi-disciplinary surface and subsurface engineering team you will:
- Lead the technical delivery of wells projects for our subsurface energy storage clients. This will include both home office based engineering works and site based / operational works.
- Use your knowledge and experience of interventions and completions to develop solutions to complex technical issues, communicating these solutions to clients and engineering them through to implementation. Lead delivery of our wells projects ensuring the solutions delivered by the Atkins Energy Storage business are technically excellent, commercially viable and aligned with the latest health and safety requirements.
You will be confident, self-motivated and outgoing person who takes pride in the quality of your work and the success of your projects.
You’ll need to have
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline (preferably process, mechanical or petroleum engineering).
- Experience in some or all of the following:
- Working in a well completions and interventions engineering role:
- Understanding of land based well engineering design and construction
- Preparation of programme documentation and risk assessments for site operations.
- Creating both budgetary and detailed cost estimates for well operations
- Engineering project delivery
- Optimising designs for both oil and gas wells
- Knowledge of:
- Well maintenance requirements
- Applicable regulations (i.e. Borehole Regulations, DCR Regulations, Health and Safety at Work Act. PUWER, LOLER etc).
- Applicable Standards & Guidance (i.e. API, ISO, UK Oil & Gas & HSE PR, etc).
- Well abandonment and suspension
- Demonstrable experience in the supervision of teams including:
- Onsite supervision of personnel and operations
- Use of Safe Systems of Work
- Witnessing of Testing (SIT/FAT)
- Accident/Incident Report
- Completing Daily Reports
- High level of communication skills, both written and verbal, and experienced in creating and presenting technical reports;
- Capable and confident of building and maintaining strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Drive and ambition to help us create a market leading business;
- Flexibility to travel and work from client sites.
A background in hydrocarbon storage or the conventional Oil & Gas industry IWCF Level 4 Interventions and / or Drilling Well Control Chartered Engineer
Atkins support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.
This is an exciting time for us, we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, while also continuing to grow our services in the UK and Germany.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.