– Series Lead – Electrical – Shoreline JV
I.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for development and management of detailed plans to implement select series’ of work within the FCFR, including the schedule, materials planning, logistic planning, and development of all documentation (procedures, work packages etc) required to implement the work
- Coordinate with all required project (internal and external) resources to develop execution planning deliverables, including: construction supervision, technical staff, engineering, quality control, safety, human performance, sub-contractors, client stakeholders, etc.
- Responsible for providing updates on key metrics related to assigned Series, including schedule, Quality, Safety, issues, and risks.
- Directly support the production training team in the development of training program, procedures, mock-up arrangements, and training implementation approach
- Directly support the implementation of training of work force alongside the training team
- Manage the “Series Readiness” process for assigned Series, including solicitation of acceptance from all appropriate stakeholders that readiness criteria have been achieved
- Maintain excellent relationships with client, engineers, consultants, subcontractors, colleagues, and public
- Responsible to ensure that all work is conducted in a safe manner in compliance with safety, quality, and human performance policies.
- Assist in developing recovery strategies when project schedule or budget are at risk
- Oversee and directly support work during execution phase, including monitoring for performance, provision of guidance to the field team, reporting to line management, leading problem-solving efforts, and development of adverse condition recovery plans
- Ensure project is constructed in compliance with drawings, specifications, Construction Work Packages (CWPs), Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs), and project schedule and budget
- Ensure the work is carried out in accordance with QA Programs and project quality guidelines
- Coordinate across all functions of the project as required to achieve Series goals
- Directly supervise team members within the Series Team
III.KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Education to include undergraduate degree in Engineering or technical college diploma or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
- 5-10 years’ experience in project execution
- 2-5 years Project Management related experience
- Experience with coordinating/managing Engineer-Procure-Construct (EPC) work
- Ability to successfully coordinate a construction project
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction such as; technology, equipment, methods, trade agreements and jurisdiction, engineering, cost control, scheduling and safety requirements
- Good communication, organizational and supervisory skills are essential
- High proficiency in standard computer programs
- Experience in preparation and delivery of project reports in writing and verbally, including presentation to various stakeholders
- Operation within a budget assigned by the Area Manager, including regular review of cost performance with Project Controls and Project Management team
- Fiscal responsibility as required by the Joint Venture agreement.
V.EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT
- Customers, suppliers, JV Partners
- Project Managers, project personnel, estimating personnel
- Trades execution team – supervision and field execution team members
- Various work locations in both field and office
- Work inside the Nuclear facility, including within Zoned areas and Containment as necessary to plan and oversee the work,
- Travel as necessary
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com