Series Lead - Feeders - Shoreline
Series Lead - Feeders - Shoreline
SNC-Lavalin is one of Canada's largest private sector nuclear engineering groups. We have been providing a wide range of services to the nuclear industry in Canada and around the world since for more than 60 years. We are proud to be the steward of Canadian CANDU nuclear technology and to apply our extensive knowledge to service the BWR/PWR market. Our expertise includes: Nuclear Steam Plant (NSP) engineering, Balance of Plant (BOP) engineering, Plant Life Management and Extension, Retube Tooling Systems, Inspection and Maintenance Services, Steam Generator Replacement, Plant Equipment Refurbishment and Retrofits.
II.PURPOSE OF POSITION
This person will report to the Project Manager and will be responsible for senior level co-ordination of engineering, procurement and construction work. This role will require continuous communication with all project team members, and will be responsible for identifying, planning and implementing various scopes of work.
You are expected to have significant experience in project delivery and project execution methodology including an understanding of engineering, procurement, construction, contract management and project controls principles.
III.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for assigned scope of the project and accountable for performing duties that facilitate work progressing with safety, quality, schedule, cost, and contractual requirements
- Liaise with key stakeholders as required, generally including project managers, project controls, procurement, engineering, construction, quality, client & subcontractors as required
- Produce various project type deliverables including Construction work packages, requests for field changes initiation, various project reports, commercial change notices, procurement requisitions, non-engineering turnover documents, etc
- Establish standards of excellence for various deliverable types and perform reviews and approvals of documents produced by others to ensure this standard of excellence is upheld
- As required, train others (either formally or informally) to perform various aspects of project coordination role (construction work package generation, commercial change order development, purchase requisition development, field change request initiation etc.)
- Expected to perform with a high degree of independence
- Expected to provide expert guidance to project coordinators on development of deliverables, resolution of field issues, commercial issues or supply chain issues
- As required, lead task forces, develop recovery plans, and develop various execution/project plans, project delivery procedures or other documents that ensure projects are executed using best industry practices
- Expected to coordinate more complex initiatives and sub-projects that involve multiple deliverables over a period of time (such as implementation of a recovery plan or similar)
- Provide status report of project milestones, field progress and work with scheduling team to adjust schedules as required
- Cultivate and maintain a positive relationship with client and subcontractors
- Deliver various presentations, reports and/or documents to stakeholders
- Responsible for contributing inputs to the project schedule and/or budget and monitoring adherence to project schedule and budget
- Ensure work is performed within quality program requirements
- Ensure a strong nuclear safety culture is reinforced continuously
IV.KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 5+ years’ experience supporting various type of projects including construction, manufacturing or engineering services projects
- Understanding of project delivery methodology including earned value, critical path scheduling, prime contract and subcontract management, procurement and supply chain methodology and construction work packaging and associated inspection and test plans
- An appreciation of the importance of Quality Assurance Programs and their significance to the nuclear industry
- Working knowledge of industrial safety and nuclear safety culture
- Excellent organizational, communication and customer relationship skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- University degree or equivalent, BSc in Engineering considered an asset
- Commitment to Safety
- Stakeholder Management
- Problem Solving
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Team Player
- Shares Knowledge
- Customers, Suppliers, Candu Partners
- Project Managers, project personnel, estimating personnel
- Trades personnel
- Various work locations in both the field and office.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire candidates with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs