Series Lead VRS - Shoreline JV
The Shoreline Power Group is a Joint Venture of Aecon, AECOM and SNC-Lavalin. Shoreline Power Group will be completing the Fuel Channel and Feeder Replacement (FCFR) project. The joint venture has been awarded a contract by Bruce Power to execute the Unit 6 FCFR at the Bruce Nuclear Generating Station in Kincardine, Ontario.
This project is part of Bruce Power’s Life Extension Program, which will allow Bruce Power’s CANDU units to continue to operate safely through to 2064, the project is the centerpiece of the Major Component Replacement (MCR) program to replace the main components of the reactor. Unit 6 is the first of six reactors being replaced by Bruce Power through the MCR program.
The scope of work includes the removal and replacement of calandria tubes, pressure tubes, and feeders for Unit 6, as well as construction management and trade labour. Work is scheduled to commence in June 2020, with expected completion in the third quarter of 2022.
Under the general direction of the Area Manager, the VRS Series Lead will assist in the planning, documentation preparation, coordination and scheduling of activities within their assigned series of work. The VRS Series Lead represents the primary interface across all project functions for their assigned series.
- Responsible for development and management of detailed plans to implement select series’ of work within the FCFR, including development of detailed schedule, materials planning, logistic planning, and development of all documentation (procedures, work packages etc) required to implement the work
- Coordinate with all required project (internal and external) resources to develop execution planning deliverables, including: construction supervision, technical staff, engineering, quality control, safety, human performance, sub-contractors, client stakeholders, etc.
- Responsible for providing updates on key metrics related to assigned Series, including schedule, Quality, Safety, issues and risks.
- Directly support the production training team in the development of training program, procedures, mock-up arrangements and training implementation approach
- Directly support the implementation of training of work force alongside the training team
- Manage the “Series Readiness” process for assigned Series, including solicitation of acceptance from all appropriate stakeholders that readiness criteria have been achieved
- Maintain excellent relationships with client, engineers, consultants, subcontractors and public
- Responsible to ensure that all work is conducted in a safe manner in compliance with safety, quality and human performance policies.
- Implement Joint Venture and Client policies and project procedures as required
- Assist in developing recovery strategies when project schedule or budget are in jeopardy
- Oversee and directly support work during execution phase, including monitoring for performance, provision of guidance to the field team, reporting to line management, leading problem solving efforts and development of adverse condition recovery plans
- Ensure project is constructed in compliance with drawings, specifications, Field Work Packages (FWPs), Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs) and project schedule and budget
- Ensure the work is carried out in accordance with QA Programs and project quality guidelines
- Operation within a budget assigned by the Area Manager, including regular review of cost performance with Project Controls and Project Management team
- Fiscal responsibility as required by the Joint Venture agreement.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Education to include undergraduate degree in Engineering or technical college diploma or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
- 5-10 years of experience in project execution
- 2-5 years Project Management related experience
- Experience with coordinating/managing Engineer-Procure-Construct (EPC) work
- Ability to successfully coordinate a construction project
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction such as; technology, equipment, methods, trade agreements and jurisdiction, engineering, cost control, scheduling and safety requirements
- Good communication, organizational and supervisory skills are essential
- High proficiency in standard computer programs
- Experience in preparation and delivery of project reports in writing and verbally, including presentation to various stakeholders
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.