Shared Services Analyst (SharePoint Administrator)
SNC- Lavalin Operations and Maintenance is recognized as one of Canada's leading outsourced operations and maintenance solutions experts, a division of SNC Lavalin Group Inc., the largest engineering and construction firm in Canada, and one of the five largest in the world. We continue to grow our business globally.
Our team members across the country and the globe deliver superior service to every one of our clients. Our people are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our team embraces challenges and is engaged in working together to contribute to our business objectives.
SNC-Lavalin and our “Minor Warships & Auxiliary Vessels” (MWAV) team is currently looking for a Shared Services Analyst (SharePoint and Information Management System Administrator) in either our Victoria, BC, Ottawa, ON, or Dartmouth, NS office. Reporting to the Operations Manager of the division, the Shared Services Analyst (SharePoint Administrator) is responsible to administer and support all data driven and IT-based shared resource initiatives within the team. This will include a review and update of protocol and procedures, review and recommendation of current technologies available for optimization, and recommending the change management process for shared services including SharePoint and a proprietary enterprises Management Information System.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Site Management (SharePoint and Management Information System)
- Site design, and continual improvement;
- Data migration;
- Management / maintenance of SNC-Lavalin Defence Programs (SLDPI’s) Sites; and
- Management of the security of the data residing on the various Sites.
- Administer, manage, track, and report on all Internal (SLDPI employees) and External (Customer and Client) Users of SLDPI’s SharePoint and Management Information Systems Sites;
- POC for all new and changing accounts; and
- Manage User access to the various Sites/ Libraries/ Documents.
- Responsible to train SLDPI, customer, and client personnel in the efficient use of all SLDPI shared service systems;
- Responsible for managing, coordinating, tracking, and reporting on all SLDPI internal and external formal training efforts.
Specific Supervisory and Leadership Role
- Team Lead, especially if working on large-scale shared service projects; and
- Supervisory oversight for direct reports.
Specific Internal and External Interaction:
- Work with SNC-Lavalin staff, pan-Canada in identifying areas of MIS, SharePoint and various IT systems continual improvement;
- Liaise with clients and software developers as required and especially during software development;
- Liaise with SNC-Lavalin’s pan-global IT service provider for the management and upgrades to other SLDPI IT systems; and
- Liaise with both the SLI and Operations and Maintenance IT Departments, as required.
Point of Contact
- Act as SLDPI’s POC for Shared Service requirements, issues, opportunities for improvement, and user concerns; and
- Report on relevant findings, progress, trends, risks, etc.
- Graduation from a Canadian university with a degree in computer science, but will consider a graduate from a Canadian college with a diploma in IT
- Certified MS SharePoint Designer
- Possess a minimum of 5 years’ proven work experience in designing and developing custom business applications with Microsoft development tools, technologies, and platform
- Possess a minimum of 5 years proven work experience in the administration and development of SharePoint sites
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD), or equivalent
- Experience managing IT projects (multiple activities)
- All Candidates must be able to obtain a Canadian Reliability Security Clearance
- Experience with S1000D
- Possess the following personal attributes - Team oriented; Strong communication skills; Advanced problem-solving skills; Careful attention to detail; Ability to perform within a satellite work-environment (other offices and overseas service providers); Ability to work on tasks with minimum supervision; and Ability to meet deadlines (suggest these are assets (vice qualifications) as well).