Shared Services Coordinator (SharePoint Administrator)
SNC- Lavalin Operations and Maintenance is recognized as one of Canada's leading outsourced operations and maintenance solutions experts, a division of SNC Lavalin Group Inc., the largest engineering and construction firm in Canada, and one of the five largest in the world. We continue to grow our business globally.
Our team members across the country and the globe deliver superior service to every one of our clients. Our people are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our team embraces challenges and is engaged in working together to contribute to our business objectives.
SNC-Lavalin and our “Minor Warships & Auxiliary Vessels” (MWAV) team is currently looking for a Shared Services Coordinator (SharePoint and Information Management System Administrator) in either our Victoria, BC, Ottawa, ON, or Dartmouth, NS office. Reporting to the Operations Manager of the division, the Shared Services Analyst (SharePoint Administrator) is responsible to administer and support all data driven and IT-based shared resource initiatives within the team. This will include a review and update of protocol and procedures, review and recommendation of current technologies available for optimization, and recommending the change management process for shared services including SharePoint and a proprietary enterprises Management Information System.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer, manage, track, and report on all Internal (SLDPI employees) and External (Customer and Client) Users of SLDPI’s SharePoint and Management Information Systems Sites;
- POC for all new and changing accounts; and
- Manage User access to the various Sites/ Libraries/ Documents.
- Responsible to train employees, customer, and client personnel in the efficient use of all shared service systems;
- Responsible for managing, coordinating, tracking, and reporting on all internal and external formal training efforts.
Specific Internal and External Interaction:
- Work with SNC-Lavalin staff, pan-Canada in identifying areas of MIS, SharePoint and various IT systems continual improvement;
- Liaise with SNC-Lavalin’s pan-global IT service provider for the management and upgrades to other SLDPI IT systems; and
- Liaise with both the SLI and Operations and Maintenance IT Departments, as required.
Point of Contact
- Act as SLDPI’s POC for Shared Service requirements, issues, opportunities for improvement, and user concerns; and
- Report on relevant findings, progress, trends, risks, etc.
Site Management (SharePoint and Management Information System)
- Site design, and continual improvement;
- Data migration;
- Management / maintenance of SNC-Lavalin Defence Programs (SLDPI’s) Sites; and
- Management of the security of the data residing on the various Sites.
- Graduation from a Canadian university with a degree in Information Systems or Electronic Data Management/Library Science, but will consider a graduate from a relevant Canadian college
- Possess a minimum of 5 years proven work experience in the administration and development of SharePoint sites, primarily in a coordination capacity
- Experience managing IT projects (multiple activities) - especially in an electronic records management and/or library science background
- All Candidates must be able to obtain a Canadian Reliability Security Clearance
- Possess the following personal attributes - Team oriented; Strong communication skills; Advanced problem-solving skills; Careful attention to detail; Ability to perform within a satellite work-environment (other offices and overseas service providers); Ability to work on tasks with minimum supervision; and Ability to meet deadlines (suggest these are assets (vice qualifications) as well).