Shift Manager - Shoreline
Shift Manager - Shoreline
SNC-Lavalin is one of Canada's largest private sector nuclear engineering groups. We have been providing a wide range of services to the nuclear industry in Canada and around the world since for more than 60 years. We are proud to be the steward of Canadian CANDU nuclear technology and to apply our extensive knowledge to service the BWR/PWR market. Our expertise includes: Nuclear Steam Plant (NSP) engineering, Balance of Plant (BOP) engineering, Plant Life Management and Extension, Retube Tooling Systems, Inspection and Maintenance Services, Steam Generator Replacement, Plant Equipment Refurbishment and Retrofits.
II.PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Shift Manager will report to the Project Director (for major contributor projects) or the General Manager and will be responsible for all aspects of engineering, procurement and construction delivery. This role will require leadership of all project team members, and will be responsible for developing work execution plans, assignment of or recruitment of project team members, development of overall work breakdown structure (WBS), project deliverables, organizational chart, budget, schedule, subcontract and supplier strategy, risk management, project forecast and people forecasting and leveling (PFL) for the project. A project manager is expected to have significant experience in project delivery and project execution methodology including an understanding of engineering, procurement, construction, contract management and project controls principles.
III.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- PM shall assemble a project team through recruiting, interviewing and/or selecting staff with appropriate skills and establishing training and development programs suitable for the work. This generally requires close coordination with functional managers from various functions (engineering, project controls, safety, quality etc.) and in some cases with JV partner companies
- PM shall be accountable for all aspects of the project and to lead all team members who are performing duties to ensure that the work progresses with safety, quality, schedule, cost, and contractual requirements.
- Project manager is responsible for developing project scope and deliverable definition in compliance with the governing contract documents, quality requirements for the project and any additional customer requirements
- Project manager is responsible for all contract management including scope & change control, requirements management, subcontractor and supplier management and governance for any flow-down requirements from the parent contract to subs and vendors.
- PM is responsible and accountable for all aspects of nuclear and industrial safety including adherence with corporate and customer safety programs, development and enforcement of necessary training and requirements, adherence to corrective action programs and enforcement of performance standards for all of the above
- PM shall apply appropriate key performance indicators to monitor project health and performance and establish rigorous reporting protocols that meet all requirements of the contract, corporate standards and project-specific oversight as established by senior management or customer.
- PM shall ensure that all project activities are performed in accordance with corporate standards of ethical compliance, cyber-security, import-export regulations, intellectual property protections and security clearance protocols.
- PM shall ensure that project procurement and subcontract management including subcontractor and supplier oversight, invoicing, accruals and supply chain strategies are aligned with risk management, quality requirements, schedule and budget considerations and overall performance standards commensurate with the project and customer requirements.
- PM shall apply project controls methodology with respect to planning and scheduling, baseline management, cost control, budgeting, cashflow, invoicing, cost and revenue forecasting and resource management
- PM shall develop and implement detailed project execution plans and monitoring their execution through comprehensive reporting to clients and senior management.
- PM shall perform rigorous risk analysis in accordance with corporate standards and application of industry best practice including monte-carlo methodology and contingency draw-down curves.
- PM shall form and maintain relationships with clients, partners, suppliers and project stakeholders
- PM shall ensure that all formal approvals for project bids, changes and settlements are prepared and approved in accordance with corporate Level of Authority (LoA) procedures.
IV.OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains meeting minutes
V.KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 8+ years’ experience supporting various type of projects including construction, manufacturing or engineering services projects
- 3-5 years’ experience leading individuals and teams
- Understanding of EPC work including subcontracts, prime contract management
- Understanding of nuclear supply chain and materials management principles
- Can build a team and can inspire them to perform and work together towards a common goal
- Lead by example and set high standards for Health & Safety and Nuclear Safety Culture
- An appreciation of the importance of Quality Assurance Programs and their significance to the nuclear industry
- Excellent organizational, communication and customer relationship skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, blue prints and specifications
- Understanding of project delivery methodology including earned value, critical path scheduling, prime contract and subcontract management, procurement and supply chain methodology and construction work packaging and associated inspection and test plans.
- Working Knowledge of industrial safety and nuclear safety culture
- Experience working in a live Nuclear environment is an asset
- BSc in Engineering or equivalent is an asset
- Demonstrates initiative and decisiveness
- Plans and communicates effectively
- Seeks and accepts responsibility and accountability
- Possesses excellent judgment and can correctly apply skills and knowledge
- perform well under stress
- delegates effectively
- Commitment to Safety
- Stakeholder Management
- Problem Solving
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
VIII.EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT
- Customers, suppliers, Candu Partners
- Senior executives, department functional managers, JV partner companies
- Trades personnel
- Various work locations in both the field and
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire candidates with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs