Shoreline JV - Retube Welding Technologist
Shoreline JV - Retube Welding Technologist
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Reporting functionally to the Area Manager - Feeders, the Welding Specialist is responsible for supporting the Welding activities associated with MCR Feeder and Fuel Channel Replacement.
- Ensuring that site conditions are suitable for the planned Welding activities prior to mobilization of Welding Operators and performing corrections as applicable with the support of the Execution Construction Team.
- Maintain a regular job-site presence to continuously monitor and oversee in-process Welding activities.
- Ensuring that Welding Operators are using the correct Welding procedures for the applicable Welding process.
- Verifying that Welding Operators are adhering to issued Welding procedures.
- Ensuring that Welding Tooling and Equipment is correctly configured for the applicable Welding process.
- Review and verification of Weld data and results following Weld completion.
- Lead Welding and Welding Tooling related troubleshooting
- Develop Welding techniques, procedures, and application of Welding equipment, using knowledge of production specifications, properties and characteristics of metals and metal alloys, and Weld engineering principles.
- Provide expertise and work closely with Welders, supervisors and Welding Engineers to determine optimal Welding parameters with equipment type, process, joint configuration, and consumable selection.
- Support emergent Weld Procedure Development activities.
- Supervise the Training and Qualification of new Welding Operators.
- Preparation of Technical Specifications and requisitions for Weld consumables, including Special Purchasing Instructions.
- Other tasks as assigned by Manager.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with Safety requirements.
- Ability to interpret customer drawings, codes, standards, and procedures and communicate review findings with applicable project personnel.
- Ensure process control is maintained throughout critical Welding activities.
- Training of welders on weld procedures, processes and welding equipment, and the maintenance of same.
- Review detailed drawings and determine joint configurations and Weld symbols
- As required, manage the qualification of Welders for field and shop Welding personnel
- Stay current with and introduce new technologies
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing/fabrication or related industry knowledge
- Graduate of Welding Technology Program or equivalent, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong working knowledge of arc welding processes and equipment are essential. Knowledge of ASME Code Section IX, CWB W47.1 and CSA W59, AWS D1.1/D1.6, would be an asset.
- Certification as a CWB Welding Supervisor would be an asset
- Good working knowledge of NDE methods for VT/MT/PT/RT and UT
- Significant experience operating and supporting Orbital Welding Tooling is an asset.
- General knowledge of Manufacturing methods and procedures
- Strong written, verbal communication and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge with MS based computer applications
- Work well in a Team Environment
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs