Signaling & Train Control Coordinator - TransitNEXT
Why join us?
TransitNEXT is a wholly owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin is awarded the design, build, finance and maintenance of the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
We are looking for a qualified Signaling and Train Control Coordinator to work as a part of the Trillium Project Systems team. Reporting to the Vehicle Integration Manager, the incumbent will plan, direct and coordinate design/integration/installation activities and on-site testing to comply with specifications, requirements and codes.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Ensure the identification, the management and the traceability of Overall Signaling System Requirements for Design and Testing
- Ensure the apportionment of Overall Signaling System requirements to each of the subsystems which constitute the Signaling system.
- Ensure the Signaling System achieve Functionalities and performances.
- Ensure the identification, management and resolution of all the interfaces between the Signaling Subsystem and the Other Subsystems (e.g. Rolling Stock, fixed facilities, systems) as well as the internal interfaces within the Signaling Subsystem.
- Ensure the definition of the Physical Architecture of the Signaling part and Integrate it within the Overall Physical Architecture of the overall System.
- Ensure that the Development of the Products complies with the Requirements and Interfaces of a project.
- Ensure the delivery of the assigned tasks on time, on budget and quality.
- Ensure the definition of signaling system integration test procedures, the implementation of any requested test improvement, the execution of such tests and the preparation of final test dossier.
- Ensure the definition of test procedures, the implementation of any requested test.
- Ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instruction.
What will you contribute?
- You have an Electrical Engineering related degree with three 3 years’ minimum experience as a coordinator
- Experience with overall systems architecture design
- Prefer rail or rail transit domain experience
- Telecoms and Network designs
- Automated control design and development systems
- Conventional signaling control designs
- Knowledge and exposure to Positive Train Control (PTC) systems.
- In-Cab Signalling Systems
- CBTC (Communication based train control) systems and designs
- You have a working knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering systems, principles and practices.
- Knowledge of AREMA, AAR, APTA, CROR, Transport Canada, and FRA regulations/standards.
- Able to lead discussions with the partners, clients and suppliers.
- Excellent MS Office skills, especially Excel and Word.
- You have a valid driving license.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You wish to leverage your experience and contribute to this position? Apply now!
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com