As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
Signalling Systems team at Atkins Global Design Centre (GDC) India has been successfully delivering major Rail Signalling projects for international since 2001. The co-located Permanent Way, Civils, Structures, Electrification, Telecom, Electrical and Geospatial teams within GDC India help us provide solutions to our clients on Multi-Disciplinary projects.
What will you contribute?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Produce/Check Signalling principles designs, specifications, signalling scheme plans & associated calculations, Control Tables, reports and working drawings to meet contract requirements within agreed timescales and performance parameters.
- Understand and adhere to the safety and engineering culture of the organization.
- Actively engaging with winning work, and technically leading design estimating.
- Assist with the identification and development of technical options to meet client requirements.
- Resolving technical issues or raising to the appropriate authority for resolution with potential solutions.
- Leading / participating inter-disciplinary communication, activities and reviews.
- Supporting the Design Manager to manage the engineering / design budget and supporting the project’s commercial objectives.
- Assisting with project closeout and hand over of deliverables to the Client.
- Supporting the collective learning of the organization.
- Co-operate with performance appraisals to develop your potential and identify opportunities for training and continuing professional development.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Overall, more than 6yrs of total experience in relevant industry along with 2-3yrs of experience with valid IRSE Principles Designer licence.
- Significant UK signalling principles design experience (schemes and / or Interlocking design).
- Holds Current IRSE Signalling Principles Designer License 1.1.550.
Understanding of the Network Rail GRIP process for Signalling projects.
- Experience of undertaking Design CRE responsibilities on Network Rail infrastructure.
- Incorporated Engineer / Chartered Engineer.
- Full Corporate Member of the IRSE.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs