Signals Maintenance Analyst, Rail
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious prizes in the world. Within Canada, our Rail & Transit team has been selected to design and deliver most of the recent Greenfield and Brownfield LRT, ALRT and Light Metro jobs awarded in the last 10 years.
This position is based out of our office in Toronto.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Design, conduct and summarize quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Implement and execute fact finding exercises in relevant transit industries, nationally and internationally.
- Experience with and focus on signaling assets maintenance and management.
- Understanding of conventional relay based signaling systems would be an asset.
- Thorough understanding of signaling asset management systems, including MAXIMO and the ability to recommend proven industry best practices.
- Experience with developing and maintaining maintenance policies and procedures.
- Evaluating existing policies and procedure and making recommendations for modifications to same.
- Good understanding and proven ability to demonstrate best industry practices from other transit agencies.
- Ability to verify and authenticate documents and present relevant findings.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Team worker, able to work in a team environment.
What will you contribute?
Essential Experience and Skills:
• Demonstrates approximately 10 + years of experience in scheduling and delivering signal maintenance activities, working in the urban passenger rail or transit rail system.
• Very good communication skills
• Tracking Key Performance Indicators for Project(s)
• Excellent MS Office skills especially with Word and Excel
• Excellent written, presentation and communication/briefing skills
• Support tender activities for the System Interface Management team
• Support Systems Integration Test Plan and procedures creation
Travel and Shift Timings:
• Must be willing to travel to project sites
• Must be willing to travel or work from to vendor locations, mainly downtown Toronto
• Ability to work shifts required
• University degree in Engineering Mechanical or Electrical or equivalent.
• P.Eng preferred.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com