Site Assessment & Remediation Intern
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin is currently seeking an Intern/Student to join our Site Assessment & Remediation team. The successful candidate will join a local team focused on delivering high quality work for a variety of clients.
This position will involve working with SNC-Lavalin’s Site Environment and Geosciences team based in
Edmonton, Alberta on a variety of office projects and field investigations. The successful
candidate will be mentored by a variety of environmental professionals (Engineers, Agrologists,
Geologists, and Technologists) and will gain valuable experience in the environmental consulting
Can include participating in the following:
• Environmental and hydrogeological investigations including Phase I and Phase II environmental assessments and soil and groundwater sources and sampling programs;
• Documentation of field activities and managing sample shipment to analytical labs;
• Preparation of technical reports;
• Communicating field observations to SNC-Lavalin project managers;
• Inter-regional collaboration on projects; and,
• Participation in health and safety programs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Valid driver’s licence;
• Enrolled in Civil or Environmental Engineering;
• Computer skills in MS Office, Excel, CAD;
• Superior written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to work and travel throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba; British Columbia and Ontario
• Ability to work independently and safely with minimal supervision and/or as a member of a team;
• Exceptional organizational and innovative problem solving skills;
• Self-motivated, a team player and a high level of energy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or and other characteristics protected by law.
Local Candidates will be preferred, and no relocation package will be offered.
While SNC-Lavalin would like to thank all those that apply, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.