Site Cost Controller/Scheduler
SNC-Lavalin, Power Grid & Industrial Solutions, is currently searching for an Intermediate Site Cost Controller for a project near Calabogie, ON, CAN. Reporting to the Project Controls Manager, this role is responsible for successfully executing cost control activities on a construction project in accordance with the project priorities within the budget and on schedule. This role is responsible for monitoring, updating and analyzing project cost, reporting on cost variances and supporting the schedule reviews at site. Intermediate Cost Controller requires knowledge and awareness of both planning and cost control activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Site Cost Controller reports to the Project Controls Manager and is responsible for:
* The full knowledge and understanding of the approved detailed budget for Self-Performed works and each site outsources contracts.
* Carrying out, for Self-Performed works and each site administered construction or services contract and Purchase Order, the following functions:
- Budget control
- Change order management
- Actual Costs
- Progress Management
- Trending and forecasting
- Cost reporting and variance analysis
Site Cost Control Activities
Understanding the scope of the project is the first requirement for controlling costs and involves close coordination with the project estimators. In order to control and maintain the construction budget, the Site Cost Controller must be knowledgeable about the scope of the commitment packages, the basis of estimate and the man-hour and quantities unit costs in the estimate/baseline budget.
Maintaining the Budget and Budget Controls
The Site Cost Controller reviews all site-initiated changes to determine if work will be added to, modified or removed from the existing Project Scope. If there is change to the project scope, the Site Cost Controller informs Project Office Lead Cost Controller to initiate the Change in EcoSys for approval.
Change Order / Amendment Management
The Site Cost Controller provides required inputs to Project Office for Change Order / Amendment of Self-performed Works and site outsourced contracts.
The Site Cost Controller is responsible to enter the actual costs of Self-performed Works and site outsourced packages in the SNC-Lavalin Oracle financial system and/or collect all actual site costs and report to Project Office.
The Site Cost Controller provides required inputs to Project Office for Progress of Self-performed Works and site outsourced contracts.
Trending and Forecasting
The Site Cost Controller provides required inputs to Project Office for Cost Trending and Forecasting of Self-performed Works and site outsourced contracts.
Cost Reporting and Variance Analysis
On a monthly basis, The Site Cost Controller participates, with the Project Controls Manager and the Project Manager, in the construction review of the cost reports for Self-performed works and site outsourced contracts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in MS office suite software, with emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Ability to learn new software as per the company standards
- Knowledge of project management techniques (i.e., critical path method, progress measurement and earned value technique) and experience in cost monitoring, analyzing and reporting
- Good organizational skills are required with attention to details
- Ability to establish priorities and work under pressure to meet project deadlines
- Working knowledge of the general project controls policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of regular financial processes, preferably in construction projects is an asset
- Solid report writing, communication and presentation skills
- Effective problem solving skills with a results oriented approach
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work with site staff, build and maintain good working relationships with Project Controls team
- Bachelor’s in business administration or bachelor’s in engineering or similar.
- Minimum ten years of relevant cost control experience, experience in construction projects environment would be required.
We offer an opportunity to work on varied and interesting projects in Canada and around the world. Salary will be commensurate with your experience. While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.