Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Taking the lead in developing and maintaining the project schedule(s) with collaboration from project managers/construction managers and inputs from engineering, procurement, subcontractors & client.
- Provides the technical support to ensure that the project schedule is maintained to client’s satisfaction.
- Prepare reports for operations team and management regarding project scheduling activities.
- Correlate schedule, cost and risk assessments through integrated solutions to influence critical path analysis thus providing robust/quality plans for decision making.
- Provide recommendations for corrective action due to delays in certain aspects of the project.
- Develop schedules in Primavera for projects during all stages of the project.
- Work with client staff and sub-contractors to develop and status schedules for their project components.
- Ensure project schedule activities are coded by the project work breakdown structure for cost / schedule integration and analysis.
- Define and optimize critical paths, perform total float analysis and notify project management status of critical activities and schedule risks.
- Conduct recovery plans, contingency planning and schedule compression techniques.
- Support monitoring of contract actual progress versus planned progress and key performance indicators, provide exception reporting, and recommend actions.
- Produce consolidated progress reports and surveys with bar charts, S-curves, manpower histograms.
- Provide support on development of project cost expenditure forecast curves.
- Perform schedule risk survey (gather data, input data, survey, report) on a periodic basis or as required.
- Seek innovation in scheduling and execution plans that could improve project economics.
- Developing construction field installation work packages (FIWPs) schedule based on level 4 and integration with engineering / procurement work packages.
- Maintaining liaison with project team regarding scheduling activities and assisting them in determining schedule priorities.
- Attending project team and subcontractors’ meetings.
What will you contribute?
- Post-secondary education or university engineering degree (preferred).
- Construction project planning expertise gained across a range of large, complex, multi-disciplinary projects, with a sound understanding of project management principles and application.
- Minimum 10 years work experience in a similar position.
- Relevant experience on mining and metallurgy projects.
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written).
- Comfortable with P6 and computer systems and software.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proactive detailed oriented and have a good knowledge of planning techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships with client, subcontractors and staff at all levels.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy good compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Economical salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs