Snow Plow Operator
Snow Plow Operator
Brun-Way Highways Operations Inc. is seeking qualified individuals for the temporary, part-time positions of Winter Maintenace Operator, to be filled immediately. Brun-Way is responsible for 275 kilometres of the Trans-Canada Highway, from the Quebec border to Longs Creek (west of Fredericton) and Route 95 between Woodstock and the Houlton Border, until the year 2033.
This position is responsible for operating a variety of equipment and performing manual labor as required, to maintain the highway and right-of-way assets to ensure conformance with contractual requirements.
- Operate highway vehicles, predominantly snow plow and materials spreader trucks in the winter season, for maintaining the traveled highway surfaces in safe condition according to contractual requirements
- Operate and maintain a variety of highway maintenance equipment (including loaders, tractors, small power equipment, and power tools) required to repair and maintain all highway roadway and corridor assets according to contractual requirements
- Perform general manual labour required to maintain and repair the highway and related corridor assets (including litter removal, traffic control, signs, and related damages, spring debris clean-up)
- Prepare daily work records of activities and accomplishments, including equipment operating times and vehicle performance
- Assist in routine equipment maintenance and repairs
- Assist in yard maintenance and general good house-keeping clean-up practices
- Required to work scheduled rotating shifts during Winter Operations
- General knowledge of highway operations and working experience with various types of vehicles and equipment used in road maintenance activities is preferred
- Valid driver license with Class 3 endorsement
- Clean drivers’ abstract
- Minimum 2 years’ previous job-related experience preferred
- Proven work performance related to timeliness and organization
- Attention to detail with a focus on accuracy, efficiency, and compliance with defined standards
- Good personal documentation and problem solving
- Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of workplace health and safety
- Team Player
Local candidates are strongly preferred. This position does have an on call bonus component to the position as an extra incentive. Should you have any questions in follow up with your application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, otherwise please apply online through this job application.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs