Software Delivery Manager
We are looking to recruit a Software Delivery Manager to support a growing team of developers based in Bristol or Birmingham.
The successful candidate will be working to manage the day to day delivery of a variety of interactive experiences and tools, including VR and AR, to communicate and interact with engineering and architectural design. You should have a good understanding web technology and be passionate about developing your skills further.
You will be part of the Creative Design practice, who are based in key locations throughout the UK, consisting of 50+ talented designers, developers and visualisers who provide a professional visual communication service to its UK and worldwide markets. We deliver world class interactive solutions to a wide range of Atkins clients including EDF, Highways England, Environment Agency and HS2.
- Good years of experience working on an Agile development team.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or similar
- Working knowledge of Web development, Unity, AR/VR or new technologies highly desired.
- Certified Scrum Master with proven project management and Scrum Master experience
As a delivery manager, you will:
- Be accountable for the delivery of software products and services.
- Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently
- Work with the Product Managers to define the roadmap for any given product and translate this into user stories
- Setup the agile environment your team needs to build and iterate a user-centred service, removing obstacles or ‘blockers’ to progress
- Build and maintain motivated project teams, making sure there is an iterative plan to work towards
- Protect the team and make sure the team collaborates, communicates and focuses on what is most important
- Coach team members and others, facilitate continuous improvement and apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques for their environment
- Manage project risks, budgets, pipeline and resource
- Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production)
Please send up to date CV along with suitable portfolio examples
Creative Design in the press
Rewards and Benefits
The Atkins standard benefits package
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not refer to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.